Question Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot

neoking123456

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
Please stick to 1 thread
my mouse and keyboard lock up and computer remain responsive ( the game Work fine , EX: if i use Teamviewer to control it the windows work fine ) but its not responsive to insertion of USB devices , ,, the LEDs on the mouse turn Off after the Lockup ,, the leds on keyboards stay ON but not responsive
SO i use TeamViewer to control the system from my phone and reboot the system ( better then use the Case botton ) then after reboot every thing work fine
its happens Randomly

can someone explain to me what is happing i looked in the internet but i didn't find something similar
thanks for the help^^guys

my spec are
TV Model : Samsung T22C300
CPU: i7 3770
GPU:GTX 1050ti
Mobo : asrock h61m-vg4
Ram : 8Go x 2

PSU: 300w PFC

Solution
Windows OS?

Make and model: keyboard and mouse?

Try the Windows built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure keyboard and mouse drivers.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the times of the keyboard and mouse locking up.

As a general observation I would consider that 300 watt PSU as a prime suspect.

Especially if the PSU is older and has been heavily used.

The PSU may be starting to fail in some manner and the keyboard/mouse/USB ports are not getting the necessary power. Or not consistently getting full power.

neoking123456

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
my mouse and keyboard lock up but computer remains responsive ( the game Work fine , EX: if i use Teamviewer to control it the windows work fine ) but its not responsive to insertion of USB devices , ,, the LEDs on the mouse turn Off after the Lockup ,, the leds on keyboards stay ON but not responsive
SO i use TeamViewer to control the system from my phone and reboot the system ( better then use the Case botton ) then after reboot every thing work fine
its happens Randomly

can someone explain to me what is happing i looked in the internet but i didn't find something similar
thanks for the help^^guys

my spec are
TV Model : Samsung T22C300
CPU: i7 3770
GPU:GTX 1050ti
Mobo : asrock h61m-vg4
Ram : 8Go x 2

PSU: 300w PFC

Ralston18

Titan
Windows OS?

Make and model: keyboard and mouse?

Try the Windows built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure keyboard and mouse drivers.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the times of the keyboard and mouse locking up.

As a general observation I would consider that 300 watt PSU as a prime suspect.

Especially if the PSU is older and has been heavily used.

The PSU may be starting to fail in some manner and the keyboard/mouse/USB ports are not getting the necessary power. Or not consistently getting full power.

Reactions: neoking123456
Solution