Keyboard mouse lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Ok not sure how to explain this but my mouse/keyboard occasionally freeze up for few seconds and mouse will become very very slow and beeping sound come from speakers when I try to press keys on mouse or just move it, not the standard error sound its different beep. In shooters i sometimes find my self unloading a gun in the air after the lag passes please someone help.

Specs

-Windows 7 32bit Ultimate
-Wave wireless keyboard/mouse set
-CPU 2220 @ 2.40 Ghz
-4G DDR2 RAM
-Sapphire 5750 1G VRAM

I tried googling but I couldnt find exact same problem but most of answers were pointing towards overheating I installed SpeedFan I alt tabbed out of stalker to look at the reading at my cores were at 60 not sure if thats enough to cause something like I described.

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Alright it seems stable at 75 god sounds like i got some cleaning to do =\
Whats the temp3 meter for on SpeedFan? Because its pretty hot as well stays at 74 during the test.

I tried different mouse but I had same issue and I just changed batteries. I got fresh video card drivers and chipset. How ever I still got same problem when I hold a left or right arrow key to scroll through text it doesnt stop goin for another good 2 seconds very annoying...

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
But the computer isnt new neither is the mouse/keyboard set I mean I used it before for over a year and never had single issue only thing that changed is my operating system.

lnwulf

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I have the exact same problem on my notebook with Windows 7x64. It ran fine under Ubuntu x64. I even bought a new keyboard thinking it was the problem. I have all the latest drivers. My mouse is a Razer Mamba (does the same thing wired or wireless). My Keyboard was a Logitech Wave and is now a Logitech G15 I have the same problem with both. It could be heat related as I have also noticed my computer just shuts down now for no reason, but when I feel the air coming out of the fans they are relatively cool. I also have a high end notebook cooler and it all seems to have started with Windows 7. Could be coincidence but I don't know. The only reason I switched from Ubuntu is because my the VPN software for my office wouldn't run properly on it.

I thought maybe the problem was caused by USB lag because they were originally on the same USB port via a hub. However I relocated the KB to it's own USB port directly on the laptop and not on a hub and I get the same problem.

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

:hello: I fixed my problem :bounce:

Change the "processor scheduling" to background services instead of Programs it solved it for me hope it helps you as well ;)

bugs6946

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010

How do I do that?

lnwulf

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Unfortunately that seems to have only made it worse. I also have the same problem on my computer at work. Two different vendors for the laptop and completely different mouse and keyboard. I've searched google and it seems to be a common problem that no one else has the answer to. Strongly considering switching back to Ubuntu and using a VM image to connect to work. Even World of Warcraft ran better under Wine than it is Windows 7... color me unimpressed Microsoft...

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

Right click computer select adavaced settings than click on performance than click advanced and switch the priority from programs to background processses

oogmsn

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Thank God that I found this post...been attempting various stuffs for the past couple of weeks without any resolution..tried this and voila! seems ok for the past 30mins at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.