[SOLVED] Keyboard, mouse, monitor unresponsive when turning computer on.

Mar 16, 2020
When I turn my computer on, my monitor says "no hdmi signal from your device", my keyboard lights dont come on and the same for my mouse. When I turn the computer off it beeps 1-3 times. These beeps are short. If I turn it off and on a few times, eventually everything works.
The beeps mean: 1 - USB device action
2 - Recovery Started
3 - Memory error
I'm using windows 10
AMD Radeon 7850 1gb Graphics Card
i7 3770k CPU
Intel DH67BL BaseBoard
Huntkey GS 600 PSU

Last edited:
Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Listen very carefully to the beeps. Likely some repeating pattern of long and short beeps.

Check the motherboard's User Manual and/or the manufacturer's website to learn what the beep pattern is indicating.

Over time heating and cooling causes connections and card seatings to creep loose.

When the computer is cool something is not fully connecting. After being turned on and off a few times the computer warms up, something expands, and connectivity is restored.

Power down, unplug, open the case. Ensure that all cables, cards, RAM, jumpers are all fully and firmly in place.

Also clean out dust and debris as necessary.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Listen very carefully to the beeps. Likely some repeating pattern of long and short beeps.

Check the motherboard's User Manual and/or the manufacturer's website to learn what the beep pattern is indicating.

Over time heating and cooling causes connections and card seatings to creep loose.

When the computer is cool something is not fully connecting. After being turned on and off a few times the computer warms up, something expands, and connectivity is restored.

Power down, unplug, open the case. Ensure that all cables, cards, RAM, jumpers are all fully and firmly in place.

Also clean out dust and debris as necessary.

Solution