Keyboard/Mouse only work in BIOS

Justin72498

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I recently upgraded my cpu mother board and ram. Keyboard/mouse work fine in bios but once I get to my login screen they are not recognized. I tried to enter safe mode, still no luck. My usb settings were also all enabled in my bios. It seems like everything is working fine besides the USB ports once I am out of the bios. I’m really lost here and would appreciate any help.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Motherboard: tuf b450m-plus gaming

Psu: 550w gold 2

Gpu: gtx 1080 ftw

Solution
no u need to run it and update your usb installation with it, which means ull need to do it on another computer
OR
u can always use some cheap ps/2 keyboard/mouse
I saw you say got a new motherboard, but I didn't see you say you reset or reinstalled windows. Different motherboards sometimes require different drivers and while some will load automatically, some don't. Even worse, in some cases the old drivers interfere with the new drivers. You know the hardware works ... it just does not work in windows, which means the problem is probably with windows.

Justin72498

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Justin72498

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
@kerberos_20

It seems there isn’t a reply option on the mobile version but I guess that’s a separate issue lol. So I would just download that onto my usb? Will it automatically download once I plug it into my pc that is having issues? Or do I have to go somewhere in the bios

Justin72498

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

It seems there isn’t a reply option on the mobile version but I guess that’s a separate issue lol. So I would just download that onto my usb? Will it automatically download once I plug it into my pc that is having issues? Or do I have to go somewhere in the bios

TRENDING THREADS