Question Keyboard , mouse & Wi-Fi trouble

Jun 16, 2019
Dear all,
I would like to ask you for a help.
I have two problems.

Number one:
My keyboard and mouse keeps randomly disconnecting. I do not really know how to describe this problem. Mostly it is the mouse which just stops moving, sound of connected device is played and it starts working again. Sometimes even keyboard adds up, led keeps flashing and thats it. I have to reboot the PC, because it never goes back on. I tried different keyboard and mouse, I reinstalled OS, reinsalled drivers, tried to update chipset drivers, USB drivers.
I am starting to worry it's the MB. :/ Any advices?

Number two:
After I came back from holidays my cell phone keeps messing up my Wi-Fi. I have Samsung S9 and every time I connect to wifi the internet stops working for every device. Other devices work just fine when wifi is off on my S9. My phone works fine on office wifi. I tried to reset the router to default settings and nothing. I tried to create another SSID and nothing. I even tried to change the channels. There was a software update for S9 just after I returned home, so

maybe something is not working with my router.

Please guys, if you have any ideas. I am starting to be desperate.

Thank you for your further help.
Best Regards,
DZimmy

My setup:
CPU: i5-2500K + CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO - Intel Z68
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 CL8
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M 750W
HDD: WD Caviar Black - 1TB
CASE: CoolerMaster HAF-922 (RC-922M-KKN1-GP)
Router: ZyXEL VMG1312-B30B
Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4
Mouse: Logitech G5

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019
Few more info mouse/keyboard trouble - changing the USB port doesn't help. I mean it helps when it gets completely stuck if I change it from USB2 to USB3 that way it works for some time, but starts jamming after a while.
Interesting is this problem is not occuring when I am not using the PC.

Jun 16, 2019
Dear all,
I do not want to get too optimistic, but turning off USB Legacy support in BIOS may resloved the problem. I wish it would stay this way. I was about to order a new MB.

NOPE, it didn't help. :( I am getting desperate.

On the ohter hand, my WiFi trouble is still a thing. Even tho my phone got an update. :/

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019
#1 - do you have another keyboard and mouse you can try? If so and those work then it's your keyboard. If not it's most likely a motherboard issue.

#2 is definitely a router issue, not necessarily your phone.

Thank you for your reply.
#1 I have a different mouse and keyboard. It does the same. Interesting is it happens pretty much only with the mouse and it doesn't help if I change to another USB port or even to USB 3. Another thing is it seems to be working when I am not using the PC.

#2 You thinkin' about some settings? Because every other device works with it.

g-unit1111

Titan
Thank you for your reply.
#1 I have a different mouse and keyboard. It does the same. Interesting is it happens pretty much only with the mouse and it doesn't help if I change to another USB port or even to USB 3. Another thing is it seems to be working when I am not using the PC.

#2 You thinkin' about some settings? Because every other device works with it.

1, Yeah that does sound like your USB ports are struggling. Before you spend money on a new motherboard and CPU you could also try a expansion card and see if it runs off the additional USB ports. If that doesn't work, then I would say replace your motherboard and CPU.

2. That would depend on your router setup and what your phone settings are. Probably the best thing to do would be at least delete your current logon settings and then log back in. Most of the time it's usually a log on issue but if that doesn't work then it would be a bit more complicated to diagnose.

Jun 16, 2019
1, Yeah that does sound like your USB ports are struggling. Before you spend money on a new motherboard and CPU you could also try a expansion card and see if it runs off the additional USB ports. If that doesn't work, then I would say replace your motherboard and CPU.

2. That would depend on your router setup and what your phone settings are. Probably the best thing to do would be at least delete your current logon settings and then log back in. Most of the time it's usually a log on issue but if that doesn't work then it would be a bit more complicated to diagnose.

1. Why even CPU? I am missing something here? I haven't replaced MB yet, but I guess when I buy the same MB I can keep the CPU. I am thinking about building a new PC anyways, but I would like to repair this one anways. What do you mean by expansion card? Like a additional slot connected to MB?

2. Login settings reseted many times. The only thing I haven't tried (that comes up my mind of course) is reseting my phone to factory settings.

g-unit1111

Titan
1. Why even CPU? I am missing something here? I haven't replaced MB yet, but I guess when I buy the same MB I can keep the CPU. I am thinking about building a new PC anyways, but I would like to repair this one anways. What do you mean by expansion card? Like a additional slot connected to MB?

The 2500K is an old CPU - no motherboards are manufactured for it anymore (the socket isn't used anymore), and the only place you can find any decent used ones are on eBay. And by the time you replace the motherboard, you might as well replace the CPU too. If you live near a Micro Center they usually have good combo deals and you can save a lot if you get it there. Intel isn't like AMD where they keep the same socket around for several years. They generally change sockets about every 2 CPU generations.

2. Login settings reseted many times. The only thing I haven't tried (that comes up my mind of course) is reseting my phone to factory settings.

That's usually a last resort method. What you can also do is go to settings ---> Connections ---> Wifi ----> Advanced and then select "Manage networks" and you can have your phone forget your current network. Then you can manually add in your network through the "Wifi Direct" setting and then input your logon info and password.

TRENDING THREADS