keyboard not present SY-6VBA133

I am getting a keyboard not present error on boot up. I haven't locked the
keyboard jumper, but I suspect either a blown Poly fuse for keyboard
overcurrent protection, or I need to reset the keyboard controller chip (or
replace it). Where are these and what do they look like?
I am not really concerned about fubaring the board at this point, but if I
can salvage it, it will save me hunting down another slot 1 board for a P3
processor. Also, If the keyboard controller chip is fubarred, I should be
able to replace it with a chip from another board, even if I cut the leads
and resolder to the old pins? (and yes, use a heat sink)
By the way... in case anyone is wondering, you cannot connect a USB device
to a ps2 port using an adapter. *lol* You gotta laff about these things or
else leave the tweakin and freekin to the techs.

I'm buying a new mobo, processor, ram, to put into my case anyway. So this
repair is more as a hobby than anything else.

Problem solved. It is a keyboard fuse. A little green thing about the same
size as a resistor. It is a 3A 125V poly fuse. Blew the fuse for my USB
ports also. But they also use the same fuse. I replaced them using fuses
from an ancient MOBO, works fine. Only need to find 1 more, only 2 were
good on the old board.
BTW, Soyo was NO HELP at all with this. They said to unplug the USB and
then plug the device back in.
Which, is about all I could find on the web also. I think the trouble
shooter should say to check the fuses and where they are and what they look
like, if thier first solution doesn't work.
Hope this helps someone.