[SOLVED] Keyboard not turning on when starting computer

Dec 29, 2018
I recently bought a "Redragon k551 RGB" keyboard and it wont turn when I turn my computer on.

I know it's not my motherboard because not long after I bought the keyboard, my mobo got fried and I had to get a new one and the keyboard did the same thing. I also tried it on a friend's laptop and it still doesn't turn on after a restart/shut down.

I've been having to crawl under my desk and replug the keyboard every time I go to turn on my computer and I'm getting sick of it. Any ideas? I've installed all the drivers and I can't think of anything else.

Solution
So the keyboard does work other than needing to be replugged once the host computer has booted - correct?

What "fried" the original mobo?

That event may have damaged the keyboard as well.....

However, if you can live with replugging the keyboard each time then get the applicable extension cable between keyboard and computer.

Plug the extension cable into computer and the keyboard into the extension cable. Place the keyboard-extension cable connection in a more convenient location.

Ralston18

Titan
So the keyboard does work other than needing to be replugged once the host computer has booted - correct?

What "fried" the original mobo?

That event may have damaged the keyboard as well.....

However, if you can live with replugging the keyboard each time then get the applicable extension cable between keyboard and computer.

Plug the extension cable into computer and the keyboard into the extension cable. Place the keyboard-extension cable connection in a more convenient location.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS