Question Keyboard not working after driver install ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaMoltel

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I recently bought a RedDragon Vata Full Mechanical keyboard. I also bought a RedDragon DITI One hand keyboard(for gaming). They both worked flawlessly until I tried to install the device software. Now, my full keyboard thinks that it is the one hand keyboard. The only keys that light up or work are the keys that are on the DITI keyboard. This leaves me with a full keyboard that only has about half of the keys working. The correct software for the keyboard does not even recognize my full Vata keyboard and says no device installed. The only way I can get it to work is to open the One hand keyboard software, but I can only edit around 30 keys. Basically my keyboards think that they are switched.

I have tried:
  • Uninstall and reinstall drivers.
  • Delete all Red dragon related files that were installed.
  • Use other keyboard's drivers and software (nothing worked)
  • Plugged full keyboard into a different PC (STILL thinks its the one-hand keyboard)
  • Attempted to "Hard Reset" keyboard according to the manual, but not sure if I can even do this due to some buttons not working.
Any Ideas on how I can get this fixed? I am tempted to just send both back and switch brands, but that would SUCK because I just changed out all the keycaps and switches and lubed them.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that some other process or app is running in the background and "remembering" (incorrectly) the keyboards and/or related configurations.

When the keyboard drivers were installed did the downloads also include any other sort of tools or utilities?

May not have been readily apparent unless you were watching very carefully. Some checkbox that was not immediately obvious with respect to presence and purpose.

Look in Task Manager > Startup and Task Scheduler.

In Task Manager > Startup look for some app or utility that is being launched. Especially any that you do not recognize or otherwise expect to see.

In Task Schedule likewise look for app and/or utility being triggered when keyboard drivers or games are launched. Again something that you do not recognize or expect.

Other places to look: Resource Monitor and Process Explorer (Microsoft, free).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Take a careful look about. If something seems amiss then that can be further researched ("googled") and/or you can post accordingly.

Do not immediately start disabling or deleting anything without knowing what it is and what it does.

Ralston18

Titan
@oopiper

Yes, this is an old thread (necro) and unlikely to gain much attention.

Please start a new thread.

Include full system specs and OS information.

Provide details about the keyboards (there are probably differences) and what fixes you have attempted thus far along with the results of those attempts.

Closing thread to further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS