[SOLVED] Keyboard not working during BIOS Screen

efontyn

Reputable
Sep 7, 2019
Hello!

Awhile back while fiddling with my overclocking settings for my CPU, there became a time when I needed to default it back to its original settings due to a few errors I made in the OC. When loading the optimized defaults, the settings were not reverted so I instead loaded the safe load defaults. After this, I noticed that not only did my 2.0 ports stop working, my keyboard would not function until after the boot screen had passed and I was loading into windows. Perhaps this is a setting in my mobo to disable USB 2.0 controllers during safe mode operation, but when I use my keyboard in the 3.0 ports it does not function either. I have done numerous things in order to try and reset the settings but none have worked so far (clearing CMOS, using PS/2 adapter and such). I will list some of my specs down below and will input more information if it comes to mind.

Thank you.

CPU: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
Ram: 2 4GB DDR3 G.Skill
SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb/ TOSHIBA Dt01ACA1000 1tb
GPU: GTX 1060 3gb
PSU: Corsair VS650
Chassis: LEPA Smok Series LPC309(U3) Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

PSS: I have tried removing the CMOS battery as well, but keyboard was not working during that screen either, which caused it to load, "Last good settings"

Last edited:

Latest posts