Question Keyboard not working, need to run ps/2 board

FlashExplorer

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
Hello,

I have a cheap Logitech K360 wireless keyboard that appears to have broken down in some way. This morning, when I tried to sign in, I noticed that pressing certain keys on my keyboard entered more characters than they're supposed to be.

For example, these keys do this:
3=3n
6=6w
0=0-
\=\z
]=7]
Etc...

I'm suspecting my keyboard controller has kicked the bucket, based on some light research into the matter. Not surprisingly, I wasn't able to sign in successfully with random keys adding characters, so I switched to my default profile with no sign-in to see if I could manage a workaround. You see, I still have a legacy PS/2 board from my 1st PC in '99, and I would like to get it functioning until I can afford a replacement. I tried simply plugging it in and while the lights flashed, it is not immediately working.

So at the moment, I'm trying to figure out how you switch inputs to a PS/2 board since my mobo has PS/2 ports.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

I have a cheap Logitech K360 wireless keyboard that appears to have broken down in some way. This morning, when I tried to sign in, I noticed that pressing certain keys on my keyboard entered more characters than they're supposed to be.

For example, these keys do this:
3=3n
6=6w
0=0-
\=\z
]=7]
Etc...

I'm suspecting my keyboard controller has kicked the bucket, based on some light research into the matter. Not surprisingly, I wasn't able to sign in successfully with random keys adding characters, so I switched to my default profile with no sign-in to see if I could manage a workaround. You see, I still have a legacy PS/2 board from my 1st PC in '99, and I would like to get it functioning until I can afford a replacement. I tried simply plugging it in and while the lights flashed, it is not immediately working.

So at the moment, I'm trying to figure out how you switch inputs to a PS/2 board since my mobo has PS/2 ports.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS