Keyboard not working properly - think I pressed something

Dec 15, 2016
I have a hp laptop with windows 8. Today I was cleaning the keyboard and didn't realise the computer was still on. Now when I press the C letter key for example it comes up with "project to a connected screen " sidebar the g letter key comes up with "gv" instead. Also the backspace and space bar keys work weirdly - back space deletes nothing and acts like a space bar and the space bar vice versa.
I have checked the control panel - it is set to UK QWERTY keyboard which is what I normally use. Sticky keys is not on. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Solution
Hi there! First of all, check out your problem with the Windows On Screen Keyboard.
1.Open Start>Run> Type without Quotes: "osk" and press enter.
2.Press those key's which were creating troubles and check those keys on the Osk.
3. If the keys on Osk Works fine then there's a problem with your Keyboard and if the Osk is also facing the same problem then you might have to Format the System because some malwares attack the system drive and alters the behaviour of custom keys.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1912448/laptop-keyboard-functioning-correctly-spacebar-backspace-enter-keys-thing.html

try that but not the format

Project to a connected screen should be win key + P (I assume win key shortcuts same on other languages) so...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi there! First of all, check out your problem with the Windows On Screen Keyboard.
1.Open Start>Run> Type without Quotes: "osk" and press enter.
2.Press those key's which were creating troubles and check those keys on the Osk.
3. If the keys on Osk Works fine then there's a problem with your Keyboard and if the Osk is also facing the same problem then you might have to Format the System because some malwares attack the system drive and alters the behaviour of custom keys.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1912448/laptop-keyboard-functioning-correctly-spacebar-backspace-enter-keys-thing.html

try that but not the format

Project to a connected screen should be win key + P (I assume win key shortcuts same on other languages) so that is way off. You might have to uninstall the keyboard drivers and let win 8 find them again. Or download them from HP before you delete them (Probably safer)

Solution