Keyboard not working properly.

Jazz123

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hello, I've got a computer running Windows 10 in my house, and all of a sudden the keyboard doesn't work properly. I've tried two different keyboards and the problem persists. Basically, if I push a random key on the keyboard, either nothing will happen, or the key I pressed will be spammed constantly.

It isn't a problem with the keyboard, because I've tried two different keyboards (both work fine on my computer), so it must be a problem with Windows 10. Perhaps there is a virus? Anyway, thanks for your time guys, I'm looking forward to a response.

Jazz123

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

The keyboard doesn't seem to work in POST since I can't even get to the bios. I'll try deleting the drivers and reinstalling them. Cheers!

EDIT: Well, I tried getting into the bios once more, which did actually work, but as soon as I got into it the keyboard wouldn't do anything. I restarted and went into windows and tried to uninstall the driver. Went to device manager, found keyboard, HID keyboard device, tried uninstalling it, but nothing would happen.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Check your motherboard web site for updated drivers/bios.

what are specs of the machine?

you can access the bios using advanced startup (settings>Update & Security>Recovery>Advanced Startup {also get to safe mode this way too)

(if i stop answering its just cause I have to go to sleep soon - i will look later (its 2.20am)).

Jazz123

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

The specs are 4 GB of some generic kingston ram
An i3 2120
asus h61m - K motherboard
and an nvidia gt 220

I mean, I could flash the BIOS to a newer version, but I don't think it's necessary. For testing purposes, I tried using the OSK and that worked fine. Also works fine through teamviewer (just thought I'd try)

I have absolutely no idea what's up... Worked fine last time it was used which was about a week ago. From what my father told me, he hasn't downloaded anything recently, so there really is no reason for this behaviour.