Question Keyboard not working ?

Jun 4, 2022
I have had keyboards not work after an update before and was able to fix it, but this time nothing I have tried has worked. I have tried different keyboards, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and tried to update drivers but to no avail. I am currently writing this using the on-screen keyboard. I can also tell that this is a windows issue because my keyboard lights up the keys I press, but does not turn on the caps lock light once it is pressed. If it is any help, I am using a Razer Blackwidow v3. I have tried enabling and disabling demo mode on my keyboard, but that does nothing.

D

Deleted member 362816

Since you have had this happen in the past (it shouldn't ever happen) I would advise a clean install of windows. Just start over and see if your issues are eliminated.

Jun 4, 2022
Since you have had this happen in the past (it shouldn't ever happen) I would advise a clean install of windows. Just start over and see if your issues are eliminated.
Well, I haven't had keyboards not work, but I have had headphones not work. What I did to fix that was reverting the windows update which, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know why I haven't tried that again.

Reactions: johnbl
wired usb keyboard, maybe your usb hub is going to sleep or its driver did not install. you would look in the windows device manager for a error or if the device is there you would right mouse click to bring up properties then go to the power management tab and unselect let windows turn off this device to save power.
you might also try a port that is connected directly to the motherboard (back of machine or a usb 2 port on a older machine) USB 2 was supported directly by cpu chipsets on older machines while usb 3 required a extra chipset driver that might not get loaded after a update)

also when in control panel device manager, find the menu item to have it show hidden devices and remove all greyed out devices that show up.

TRENDING THREADS