Keyboard not working...

antrom1818

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
OK, I know this is the wrong section to post in, but the other place I posted in got no answers. My computer can not accept keyboard input! I have been using the Cyborg V.7 Keyboard for a few months after I built my PC. It has always worked fine....until yesterday. The backlights are on, and I havent done anything strange with drivers/software. I dont know what happened. At first I thought it was a driver problem. I downloaded the new driver from the website, and then eventually was prompted to plug in any controllers I wanted to update. I unplugged and replugged the keyboard and nothing happened! So i dont know what is going on! It isnt the USB port because I tried plugging it in to other ones. It isnt the keyboard, because I plugged in the keyboard I used to use, and it didnt work... I should probably also mention that when I plug in the keyboard, a small bubble thing (sorry dont know what to call it) pops up in the bottom right corner and says "Updating drivers" or something like that. Then a few seconds later it says "Driver update failed"

Thanks in advance for any help...i need it

antrom1818

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I dont run another OS on that PC, but it works just fine on my Macbook Pro

Should I do the system restore?

antrom1818

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

True. Anyway, before I got this message, I tried some other stuff. I remembered that I never installed the drivers for my USB 3.0 expansion, so I did. This fixed my problem. It is so wierd though because I don't see how it got power or why it couldn't update the drivers...anyway, thanks for your help!

antrom1818

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
you can try a other keyboard if it works or not or you will have to download new driver or update your old ones

Great suggestions, however I would actually recommend reading the question before answering. I mentioned that I had tried it with another keyboard, and that the drivers wouldn't update. So please dont attempt to answer a question before you read it.
Thanks

twelve25

Distinguished

Glad you figured it out!