Keyboard numbers limited use

teelee83

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
So the keyboard I have suddenly the 5 and 6 above the keys don't work anymore. Oddly enough they work in BIOS and when I login to windows, but when I wan't to use it in windows they don't work. I tried a different USB and tried to uninstall the keyboard under device management and plugging it back to to refresh the drivers, but still has the same issue. I'm wondering if there is something going on in some odd setting that caused this??

GearUp

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Assuming it's not a mechanical keyboard. The dominant fingers press harder which can deform the membrane. After some time this should flatten out. Some keyboards will be more sensitive, but press softer. The OS driver is less forgiving for the sake of sensitivity.

teelee83

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

I think there is a driver. Basically I just plug it in the usb and it works instantly, if there's a driver involved I'm not sure.
So do you think it would help if I uninstalled the KB in device management and unplugged it, reboot the computer, then plug the KB back in?

As far as mapping goes I have not messed with it.

teelee83

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

Originally I thought it was a defect or something I'm causing. So I got a replacement KB from the manufacturer and as soon as I plugged it in the same issue was present. So I'm assuming there is a software issue, I'm just not sure what it is and how to fix it.