Question Keyboard on laptop pressing wrong inputs

El Geo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
For the past 2 days, my keyboard at my laptop is acting weird. It pressed wrong inputs, like 2 at the same time, however they are linked. What I mean with linked?

If I press "a", it will type "aj". If i press "j" it will type "aj".

If i press "q", it will type "qm", same if i press "m", it will type "qm".

Function key will act as fnc+h. And "h" button will do the same.

Tab will act as tab+y and if i press tab button on a notepad, it will input " y" with big gap of space like normal tab does. Most of the buttons work normally however there are like 6-7 that are totally wrong.

Yesterday i had that issue but it got fixed randomly, and today in the morning it was working normally until at night it started the same issues. I uninstalled the keyboard drivers from device manager, it didn't got fixed, then i randomly restarted laptop and it got fixed but after 10mins it started again.

I'm so confused what it could cause this issue and how can specific keybuttons be linked and matched. I even uninstalled Armoury Crate that Asus has in case that was causing it, but nothing changed. I haven't installed anything or download in that 3 days so I'm so confused.

I ran windows on safe boot, same problem.

Lutfij

Titan
From what you've explained the issue might very well be with the keyboard on said laptop and would require a replacement. You might want to try and use an USB driven keyboard and see if the issue replicates on the external keyboard.

You've mentioned Armory Crate and Asus, so I'm assuming it's an Asus ROG laptop. Might want to pass on the model to said laptop, an SKU would help. In the interim period, check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Laptop is yet under warranty?

El Geo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
From what you've explained the issue might very well be with the keyboard on said laptop and would require a replacement. You might want to try and use an USB driven keyboard and see if the issue replicates on the external keyboard.

You've mentioned Armory Crate and Asus, so I'm assuming it's an Asus ROG laptop. Might want to pass on the model to said laptop, an SKU would help. In the interim period, check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Laptop is yet under warranty?
Tomorrow I will try and see with an external keyboard if the problem will occur.

Yes it's an ASUS Rog laptop, model name is: GL504GV. The laptop is updated on its latest version.
The thing is, right now that I am writing, the keyboard works just fine, and then on a random time, it will have that issue again, totally randomly so I am not sure what is causing it. That's how it happened yesterday, I was playing a game and I noticed that issue that I was pressing Q, and I was noticing that the input was QM. Today it happened the same at some point.

Can it be that thin 'cable' that is connecting the keyboard with the motherboard inside the laptop maybe?