[SOLVED] Keyboard only partially functional in games

Mar 4, 2020
Every so often I'll have my keyboard not being able to control my games via the letter keys and pretty much only those keys, things like tab or enter still work fine when it happens. Any clue what could causing this?

I'm using a model no. ns-pnk5001 insignia keyboard plugged into my mobo

Solution
Do you happen to own a cat? I only ask as cats can walk across keyboards and perform obscure windows commands that no one (human) can do.

Have you tried safe mode?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

I saw conversation in Discord but I was at work at the time Anort mentioned me.
Mar 4, 2020
Additional Info, changing keyboards doesn't help solve the issue. Anything that produces the relevant keystrokes fails to work. I did a trick with a wireless keyboard hooked up to two computers and it produced the keystrokes on the one but not the other as long as the game was up, once the game was down it worked on both.

It also only does this when a Video game is up IE Skyrim Warframe DDO

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you happen to own a cat? I only ask as cats can walk across keyboards and perform obscure windows commands that no one (human) can do.

Have you tried safe mode?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

I saw conversation in Discord but I was at work at the time Anort mentioned me.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS