[SOLVED] Keyboard Poll

A_Salad

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
1 THING TO KEEP IN MIND: MY ORIGINAL BUDGET WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 110 EUROS
Ok so, I was looking for a new keyboard to get for this Christmas, and here's the 3 options:
1: HyperX Alloy Elite RGB (Used, very good conditions: 108 + Free shipping)
2: Cooler Master MK730 (2 options: either new for 112 + 10 shipping or new 124 with free shipping)
3: Corsair K95 Platinum, Silver Speed Switches (Used, like new: 89,99 + 15 shipping)
To be noted that everything's in Euros

Solution
How did you decide on the posted candidate keyboards?

Have you been able to try them out somewhere, did you read product reviews by professional reviewers and verified purchasers?

Did you go to the manufacturer's websites to read product User Guides/Manual, FAQs, and Forums?

Look for both what is said and what is not said. Pay attention to the fine print.

Warranties are important: understand the terms of warranty and what must be done to return a defective keyboard.

Go to as many places as you can to look at and/or use the keyboards in mind.

May take just a few minutes to discover some issue with respect to how you type and use the keys.

Ralston18

Titan

Have you been able to try them out somewhere, did you read product reviews by professional reviewers and verified purchasers?

Did you go to the manufacturer's websites to read product User Guides/Manual, FAQs, and Forums?

Look for both what is said and what is not said. Pay attention to the fine print.

Warranties are important: understand the terms of warranty and what must be done to return a defective keyboard.

May take just a few minutes to discover some issue with respect to how you type and use the keys.

Solution

A_Salad

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019

I've triend all of them in various stores, and I have to say, I'd rather have a brown switch than a fully-linear switch, because I like it for typing, but sadly none of the keyboard I like have it as an option, or the model with that certain switch is more expensive. I decided on the candidate keyboards based on desgin, features, durability and cost. Maily the cost part though.

I've triend all of them in various stores, and I have to say, I'd rather have a brown switch than a fully-linear switch, because I like it for typing, but sadly none of the keyboard I like have it as an option, or the model with that certain switch is more expensive. I decided on the candidate keyboards based on desgin, features, durability and cost. Maily the cost part though.

If you tried them, why not get what you like? You don't need verification from people to tell you that you picked the correct thing. Don't know about getting used keyboards unless you can see it and try it in person, if there is a bad key or something you don't like with it, you will be wasting a lot of time with getting it returned and replaced. For your budget I am sure you can find plenty of new mechanical keyboards.

While this is in US, you may be able to find similar one in your area https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-RIPJAWS-KM780R-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0186W6QG0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_12

My son had that model and it was pretty good, for sure was a gaming looking keyboard with RGB, solid build feel.

Things also go on sale often, check on various sites for prices, you may find one for 10,20,30 cheaper.

A_Salad

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
If you tried them, why not get what you like? You don't need verification from people to tell you that you picked the correct thing. Don't know about getting used keyboards unless you can see it and try it in person, if there is a bad key or something you don't like with it, you will be wasting a lot of time with getting it returned and replaced. For your budget I am sure you can find plenty of new mechanical keyboards.

While this is in US, you may be able to find similar one in your area https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-RIPJAWS-KM780R-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0186W6QG0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_12

My son had that model and it was pretty good, for sure was a gaming looking keyboard with RGB, solid build feel.

Things also go on sale often, check on various sites for prices, you may find one for 10,20,30 cheaper.
Hey man, thanks for the reply, and I looked at that Gskill keyboard and I really liked the looks of it, just to find out that on the italian amazon it's 150 euros, and that really sucks. Anyways, I really thought about it, and I guess I could keep the one I have now, because I also really need to replace my CPU, because it's a Pentium.

TRENDING THREADS