Keyboard pressing multiple keys

VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
Hi! im having an issue with my coolermaster devastator 2 keyboard. It is pressing the letters B and V at the same time and N and M at the same time, the enter button also seems to be pressing together with the f12 key. All of this happens when i first turn my pc on and after 3-4 hours of on time it seems to go back to normal. I already tried to remove the keycaps and clean the keyboard but still nothing happens. Its been raining a lot lately and it is very cold, i have a theory that the inside of the keyboard gets moist and it evaporates overtime when opened. But im not so sure since the raining already stopped and it is still broken considering that i am typing this with the on screen keyboard. Sorry if the post is too long, i wanted it to be in as much detail as possible, all replies will be appreciated, thanks!

CoDrift

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
Yes, moisture could be effecting it, but see if you have any other things such as sticky keys (hit shift 5 times) on!
If not, there have been many cases where water causes short circuiting. To verify, connect any other keyboard or connect to any other laptop/PC and see if that helps. Good Luck :d

VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017

The sticky keys are currently disabled. The keyboard is working fine as we speak since i left it plugged in and open for about 4 hours now, but im very sure that once i restart or turn it off for a couple of minutes it will do the same things, thanks though