The shift key on the left side of my keyboard came off but the shift is in
the on position I can type lower case by using shift lock but I cannot
access either numbers or punctuation Does anyone know if there is a way to
disable that keyboard key until I can get it fixed so that the constant input
from it will be ignored

In news:28A6108E-0596-4804-8C7C-95BEC14E6464@microsoft.com,
Plaintiff <Plaintiff@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> The shift key on the left side of my keyboard came off but the
> shift
> is in the on position I can type lower case by using shift
> lock but
> I cannot access either numbers or punctuation Does anyone know
> if
> there is a way to disable that keyboard key until I can get it
> fixed
> so that the constant input from it will be ignored

Try SharpKeys at
http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/SharpKeys/sharpkeys.html

But rather than trying to fix a keyboard, it's usually more
cost-effective to just replace it. You can buy a keyboard for $10
US or so.

Please reply to the newsgroup

"Plaintiff" <Plaintiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The shift key on the left side of my keyboard came off but the shift is in
> the on position I can type lower case by using shift lock but I cannot
> access either numbers or punctuation Does anyone know if there is a way
> disable that keyboard key until I can get it fixed so that the constant
> input
> from it will be ignored

You can get a standard keyboard for around $20.