[SOLVED] Keyboard recommendation ?

May 8, 2021
Hello! I've been trying to buy a new keyboard with NKRO, but I couldn't get one with my requirements, and had to return a couple of purchases.
The store owners even suggested that I try my luck asking some tech savy place, so here am I.

I'm looking for:
  • Quiet keyboard
  • With NKRO (or full NKRO) for any 3 adjacent keys on the right side of the keyboard (as in the right side of Y to N (including), plus any 2 keys of WASD
  • Numpad included
  • Layout shouldn't be an issue, but hopefully they all have a PT one
  • Budget up to 150€, but if there is a real lack of options, I might consider bumping to 200
I've been using a membrane keyboard and even then, the noise has been subject to some complains (that has been defined as acceptable as of now), So it will most likely have to be membrane.
A lot of membrane gaming keyboards claim to have a high number of NKRO, but that's usually only true on the left side of the keyboard (around the WASD keys). My 2 previous purchases claimed 10 and 20 nkro respectively, but failed to register SDUJ at the same time. Checking with https://drakeirving.github.io/MultiKeyDisplay/

Can anyone point keyboards that fit these criterias?

Thank you in advanced.

Solution
Solution
May 8, 2021
Did you check the major gaming brands, Razer, Logitech maybe Corsair for the roll-overs they have on their membrane keyboards?
Yes, I tried one from Corsair (forgot which model it was) that was in the shop, then returned a Lenovo K300 and a Razer Cynosa that suffered the mentioned nkro problems.

I'll give the silent red switches a try and see how it goes. I remember trying some regular red switches, and they were still too loud, in case the silent ones are still to loud, do they work with O-Rings or is that redundant?

Yes, I tried one from Corsair (forgot which model it was) that was in the shop, then returned a Lenovo K300 and a Razer Cynosa that suffered the mentioned nkro problems.

I'll give the silent red switches a try and see how it goes. I remember trying some regular red switches, and they were still too loud, in case the silent ones are still to loud, do they work with O-Rings or is that redundant?

Yes you can still put the o rings on the keycaps, I have not tried it with that switch, but I did have an MX Silent keyboard from Corsair for a bit and it was not any louder than a dome switch one. You may need to mod the larger keys though with some tape and/or lube to make them quieter also, those are usually the louder ones due to hitting the backplate and the stabilizer noise.

May 8, 2021
The silent red switch is a pretty good solution! Noise level is close enough. I'll get some O-rings in case they complain. Ended up buying a ducky one2. Thanks for the suggestion