Question Keyboard recommendation

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Hello friends my keyboard recently went out which was an Apex Pro TKL from a long time ago and I'm looking to replace it, I'm disabled so I can't afford to drop that amount of money at one time so I am looking on Amazon as i have a Amazon card

I see they have the Apex Pro hypermagnetic keyboard which I don't know what that is, I also see the Asus rog is on there as well as others, (i won't but a corsair I've had nothing but horrible experiences with them) I was also hoping to go with something that's creamy sounding not tactile but I don't know anything about those , icve seen keychron is pretty recommended but i don't want wireless and also don't know if they are for gaming or typing.
I was looking into getting a wooting 60he but like I said I can't afford to drop $200 right off the bat right now and there's a wait time and they don't sell them on Amazon.

so I'm just looking for a keyboard recommendation, i only play games really with cod/wow/ elden right will be playing gta6 etc etc, i dont type emails or use the pc for work or anything like that.. they have the prime day going on so alot of things are on sale so I'm looking to get something ordered today
Would like hot swappable but not mandatory

First Side question is the Logitech superlite better than the superlight 1? (super light 1 is $100 s2 is $140 is it with the extra $40.00)

Final is I dont have an XLR or Amp for a mic, I have the very old fifine k669 mic and it sounds terrible always has but I'm looking to get something better, I read the new fifine that's USB or XLR is good but idk, this fifine k669 I have sounds like a tin can lol

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I would save up and spend on the Wooting you've listed, since IMHO it seems to me like you're going to be engaged with said peripheral for your gaming endeavors.

In 2024, I'd avoid Logitech's since they are just overpriced plastic shells. You could look into Keychron's lineup but that's the same as the Wooting HE's category.

IMHO, skip the XLR/amp/mic/audio setup and sped on your keyboard first, and make do with a cheap headset. Then work your way up to a better audio setup. This way you finish certain aspects of your setup in chunks.

Reactions: 35below0

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
I would save up and spend on the Wooting you've listed, since IMHO it seems to me like you're going to be engaged with said peripheral for your gaming endeavors.

In 2024, I'd avoid Logitech's since they are just overpriced plastic shells. You could look into Keychron's lineup but that's the same as the Wooting HE's category.

IMHO, skip the XLR/amp/mic/audio setup and sped on your keyboard first, and make do with a cheap headset. Then work your way up to a better audio setup. This way you finish certain aspects of your setup in chunks.
Confused on what you mean about Logitech the Logitech superlite is a mouse, I have the superlight v1 they have a 2024 version, (my left buttons intermittent from my great nephew pulling up on the button and breaking the case area) the issue is the wait time with the wooting as well I know they are great Keyboards as well as mode , but I need something I can pay on monthly and also something I can get in a day or 2

Headset is iems (kz zars I got gifted to me)

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
Keychron have some sweet mechanical keyboards.
https://www.keychron.com/products/k...om-mechanical-keyboard?variant=40912031744089

I am happy with my Patriot Viper V765. Only con is that it's not hot swappable but that doesn't bother me. It's sturdy, water and dust proof and full size, with solid black keys. Has a volume jog dial, which is nice but not thrilling.
I only use RGB to setup a backlight. But you can setup colors any way you like (Windows only software).
https://viper.patriotmemory.com/pro...aming-keyboard-viper-gaming-by-patriot-memory

If possible, visit a computer store and try different clicky keyboards.

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021

They have keychron on Amazon where i can pay on the Amazon card, is there a specific model you would look at for gaming and wired?