[SOLVED] Keyboard repeating letters when I type ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2022
When I try to type hello, it will be like heeeeelllo, apple will be like aaaaapllle, if I want to type "This keyboard problem makes me want to kill myself", it will be : "Ttttthis keeeeyboarddd ppproblllem makkkes meee wantttt to killll myselfff". When I turn off my keyboard's led light, the problem disappear like 95%, sometime it still happen but way less often. My keyboard is r8 1822 (a cheap mass produced made in china keyboard). This only happens to some certain keys, not all keys. This is what I have tried:
  • Reinstall windows 10 - didn't work
  • Change the psu - didn't work
  • Plug the keyboard on different usb port - didn't work, this happens on all usb ports
  • I brought the mainboard (gigabyte h81) to the store where I bought it, they tested with their keyboard and it worked fine, so probably not because of the mainboard
  • Plugged in another keyboard to test - didn't work
  • Change the repeat and delay rate, filter key, troubleshoot.... (most useless solutions)
  • Uninstall and update keyboard driver in device manager, I don't know why but there are 2 HID keyboard devices. After I uninstall them and restart the pc, it will automatically reinstall these 2 HID keyboard devices. Doing that will fix the problem but only for a short amount of time, it will soon comeback on its own.
At this point I'm pretty sure this is some software problem so please don't tell me to do things like clean the usb port or clean the keyboard :((

<MOD EDIT: Do not use profanity on this forum>

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried cleaning under keycaps as it could be dirt or grime or hair under them making them repeat... it happens to me sometimes.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn't delete anything, just stops all non microsoft programs from running at startup. easy to reverse

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Nov 8, 2022
have you tried cleaning under keycaps as it could be dirt or grime or hair under them making them repeat... it happens to me sometimes.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn't delete anything, just stops all non microsoft programs from running at startup. easy to reverse

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
As I have said, I did plug in another keyboard to test and it didn't fix the problem, so it's not the keyboard's fault (I did try to clean the keyboard though). I just did the clean boot thing you mentioned and it didn't work. I think one of these 2 is causing the problem but I don't know how to fix it:
  • The 2 HID keyboard device in device manager
  • The keyboard led light somehow mess with my pc's system
Oh god at this point I would sell my soul to Satan to fix this problem.

When I try to type hello, it will be like heeeeelllo, apple will be like aaaaapllle, if I want to type "This <Mod Edit> keyboard problem makes me want to kill myself", it will be : "Ttttthis <Mod Edit> keeeeyboarddd ppproblllem makkkes meee wantttt to killll myselfff". When I turn off my keyboard's led light, the problem disappear like 95%, sometime it still happen but way less often. My keyboard is r8 1822 (a cheap mass produced made in china keyboard). This only happens to some certain keys, not all keys. This is what I have tried:
  • Reinstall windows 10 - didn't work
  • Change the psu - didn't work
  • Plug the keyboard on different usb port - didn't work, this happens on all usb ports
  • I brought the mainboard (gigabyte h81) to the store where I bought it, they tested with their keyboard and it worked fine, so probably not because of the mainboard
  • Plugged in another keyboard to test - didn't work
  • Change the repeat and delay rate, filter key, troubleshoot.... (most useless solutions)
  • Uninstall and update keyboard driver in device manager, I don't know why but there are 2 HID keyboard devices. After I uninstall them and restart the pc, it will automatically reinstall these 2 HID keyboard devices. Doing that will fix the problem but only for a short amount of time, it will soon comeback on its own.
At this point I'm pretty sure this is some software problem so please don't tell me to do things like clean the usb port or clean the keyboard :((
Look through the bios for any settings that apply to the keyboard.

Visit the mobo site and update the bios and drivers if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.