Question Keyboard screwy

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
I have Win 10 home and Win 7 on my desktop. I am mostly using Win 7, but upon occasions, i peek into Win 10 to gradually adapt to it. Yesterday was one of those days and greeted with how to personalize backgrounds and etc. I did some 'tweaking'...hard contrast, background color. I am sick of Microsoft keep asking me to sign in and etc. Is there a way to get rid of that? But that is not the gist of this post. I went to search and tried to type the word ' how' as a beginning of asking a question and to my surprise...this is what I got...."H6w..." I did not make a typo...i repeated it and still get the same results. I went to File Exjplorer to add a new folder, and the same thing happens there as i am trying to name the new folder. Now, with this same keyboard and in Win 7, the keyboard works flawlessly. Any ideas why I have this problem in Win 10? It was not like that in previous ventures.

I am sick of Microsoft keep asking me to sign in and etc. Is there a way to get rid of that?
Yes. As long as you have single account on your Win 10, and it is local and with no password, you will log into Windows without having to touch a single key.
When you did the "tweaking" you probably changed some settings in country/language/keyboard (or something alike) setup. Can't tell anything more precise, but you surely have to redo whatever you did.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
Yes. As long as you have single account on your Win 10, and it is local and with no password, you will log into Windows without having to touch a single key.>>>

So how do i go about getting rid of it altogether? Like I said i am new to Win 10. I do not want to reinstall it.

When you did the "tweaking" you probably changed some settings in country/language/keyboard (or something alike) setup. Can't tell anything more precise, but you surely have to redo whatever you did.
The only other tweak i tried was to see if i could read a better font in browser or in windows generally...and had no success there. Is there a way that i could nullify those tweaks other than Hard contrast? I like that one. BTW, as i am typing with that same keyboard in Win 7 and noticed that the Numeral Lock is not lit, but it is lit when i boot to Win 10. I tried to get it unlit but have no success....others say, simply uncheck it or unlit it...and there is nothing on this keyboard that i could find to do so. Its a Sony keyboard, but one i never used till recently when my favored one 'died' and i had just kept this one for backup, and its great with Win 7. I did not mess around with Language or keyboard in Win 10.