Question Keyboard spazzing out. PC crashes when removed

Doom-Desire

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi all, hoping someone can give me some advice on a problem I'm having. Recently my computer has been acting up making it virtually unusable at this point. After about an hour of gaming my keyboard locks up entirely, sometimes the character continually strafes left indefinitely, but in any case it's the same result. If I attempt to unplug the keyboard during this moment of weakness the entire PC crashes.

I have tried plugging it into a different port, trying a different keyboard cable, trying a different keyboard entirely and they all have the same result, so it's clearly an issue with the PC, not the actual keyboard. I've tried updating all drivers through Driver Easy, I've tried cleaning the PC thoroughly, I've tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers through device manager, I've tried praying to the old and new gods alike, but nothing seems to be working.

On a side note shortly shortly before it started seizing up on games, it would cease typing incorrectly on web browsers, all of them, regardless of what I pressed it would cycle through the keys 1,2,3....etc. It didn't do it anywhere else, just the browsers, so not sure if it's related. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel core i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz
GPU: GTX 1080TI
RAM: 16GB