Keyboard stops working after launching Steam and after playing games on gamepad.

Jan 12, 2019
My keyboard works fine untile I try to launch Steam or untile I play other games with gamepad. That was problem on Win 7, and than I've installed Win 10 and still have same problem. I've tried to use another usb port and another keyboard but nothing.

Dec 26, 2018
The problem might be caused due to the gamepad. I myself have a Xbox One controller set up aside from my keyboard and when I switch from one another, there are some side effects e.g., When I play GTA V (with my controller) and I switch to PUBG. PUBG shows the controller keys instead of the keyboard keys. My theory is that your Gamepad blocks the input of your keyboard. My solution to this was to manually disable the controller when I am done with it (I know, a bit tricky). SOLUTION: Go to Control Panel--> Devices and Sounds--> Devices and Printers. You should see your Gamepad between those devices. Right click on it and delete the device. Whenever you feel the need to play with your Gamepad again, just repplug the gamepad back into the USB-Port.

Jan 12, 2019
Than you for reply, but unfortunately that is not problem, I have 5 HID keyboard devices listed in keyboard propertis --> hardwear, and when i delete all and restart my pc it makes 5 again. Can that be issue?

Dec 26, 2018

First of all. DON'T RESTART IT. That resets it. Second of all: Try figuring out which one is the Gamepad. Just delete every single on of them until the Gamepad doesn't respond anymore or in my case doesn't light up anymore.

Dec 26, 2018

Could you explain a bit more? In your original question you stated that you had problems with your keyboard while Steam was running or after playing games with the Gamepad.

Jan 12, 2019
So my keyboard don't work in 2 situations. 1.When i launch steam keyboard is not working anymore i can't tipe anything until i don't put my pc to sleep and wake up or until i restart my pc. 2.(i plug in my gamepad only when i play games on it) When i play games with gamepad.