Question Keyboard Stops Working

Mar 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 that I have used for around five years now. I'm using it for work and some gaming while I'm deployed overseas, and I plan to build my own PC upon my return, so this isn't the most pertinent problem, but annoying nonetheless.
So here's what happens. I'll be using the laptop when out of the blue, my keyboard will completely stop working.
Then, if I don't shut down/restart the computer from the start menu, I will blue screen with "Power driver state failure".
Last, when I restart the computer, it will not start Windows, and instead load the boot menu and the keyboard will still not work.
The only way to fix the issue is to hard boot with the power button. After I do this, Windows will load, and my keyboard will work again.
I have not been able to reproduce this issue. It used to only happen when playing Flight Simulator, but now just happens randomly no matter what I'm doing.
Things I've done to attempt to fix it:
  1. Updated drivers to fix the Power Drive State Failure blue screen.
  2. Uninstall and reinstall driver for my keyboard.
  3. Scanned my computer for potential viruses.

Again, I'm not too worried because I am replacing this with a custom built PC, but it is very annoying nonetheless. Any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS