[SOLVED] Keyboard strange behaviour

titolopez

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
My HP laptop has a problem with its keyboard. Some keys don't work at all and others start typing by themselves.

At the beginning, it started typing the letter 'f' endlessly by itself until I punched 'Escape'. Then it started to type the '/' key by itself instead, without me punching that key.

Because of that, I started using an external keyboard (General Electric HO-98709).

At the beginning it worked perfectly, but after some weeks the problem with the '/' key came back, even with that external keyboard connected.

But the most bizarre thing (at least for me) is that I connect that external keyboard to my desktop PC and it starts typing the '/' key by itself, the same as in my laptop.

By the way, the other external keyboard I have (Logitech K120) works perfectly in my desktop PC, and if I connect it to my HP laptop the keys work ok, but sometimes the key '/' starts typing by itself, too, until I punch the key 'Escape'.

I still cannot understand how a problem with the internal keyboard of my laptop has been transferred to my desktop through that external General Electric keyboard.

I know it sounds silly, but it's my current situation at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help

Solution
My HP laptop has a problem with its keyboard. Some keys don't work at all and others start typing by themselves.

At the beginning, it started typing the letter 'f' endlessly by itself until I punched 'Escape'. Then it started to type the '/' key by itself instead, without me punching that key.

Because of that, I started using an external keyboard (General Electric HO-98709).

At the beginning it worked perfectly, but after some weeks the problem with the '/' key came back, even with that external keyboard connected.

But the most bizarre thing (at least for me) is that I connect that external keyboard to my desktop PC and it starts typing the '/' key by itself, the same as in my laptop.

By the way, the other external keyboard I...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021

By the way, the other external keyboard I have (Logitech K120) works perfectly in my desktop PC, and if I connect it to my HP laptop the keys work ok, but sometimes the key '/' starts typing by itself, too, until I punch the key 'Escape'.

I still cannot understand how a problem with the internal keyboard of my laptop has been transferred to my desktop through that external General Electric keyboard.

I know it sounds silly, but it's my current situation at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help

It sounds like a driver issue. Go to the official HP website and download the latest driver(s) or driver installer for your device. If any Windows updates are available, it might be worth installing those too.

Edit: I did not realize that the issue was occurring on a separate computer as well. It could still be the drivers, but it is less likely.

Reactions: titolopez
Solution