Keyboard Won't Type! :(

Fresherr

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Everything was fine up until I installed a wireless adapter I have for my pc (usb). I don't have the disk so I plugged in my Ethernet cord & downloaded the setup software from the internet. I accident downloaded & installed a belkin driver first, not realizing it was a netgear adapter. So I went back & downloaded & installed the correct driver. As it was installing & setting up I went & uninstalled the belkin one right as the netgear one was finishing up. After they both finished I realized I could no longer type with my keyboard so I restarted my pc. However, this didn't fix it. I can't type at all even on initial start up to get into the bios. So I unplugged my pc from the wall while it was running to force it to the bios & the keyboard works there. I have no clue what's wrong with it. Any ideas? I know the keyboard has power because it has a backlight & the light works & as I said it does work in the bios. Also I plugged in a different usb keyboard & it didn't work either.

Fresherr

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

Can you do that from the bios? As soon as I leave the bios the keyboard goes unresponsive, I'm currently stuck at the "Windows Error Recovery" Page but I can't use the keyboard so I can't do anything.

Fresherr

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Also I just noticed that when I had the wireless adapter plugged in my start up error page that tells me there was a power surge (because I unplugged the computer from the while while it was on) said I had 2 keyboards plugged in. I unplugged the adapter & it's say I have only one plugged in now.