Keyboard Working But Will Not Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky27

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Just recently got my Ducky Shine 3. Plugged it in and it lights up but none of the keys will type. I can change the lighting modes and everything but the keys refuse to be put on the screen, even the shortcut calculater and web browser buttons work when plugged in. IT JUST WON'T TYPE! I do not get it, I tried restarting my PC and tried every USB port. It says failed to install drivers so I troubleshoot and apply the fix and it just keeps prompting me to fix it after I already clicked apply fix.... Not sure what it could be are the keys locked or something? I went to ducky's website and installed the latest firmware and still nothing. My old keyboard works fine except my old keyboard only works in one usb port, it fails to work in any others. Please help!!

Nicky27

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014

Plugged it into my moms laptop and works perfectly fine..I tied my other 2 keyboards and neither work, also tried both my mice and neither work, I've reset my pc about 70 times now and one in like 15 resets either the mouse or keyboard works but never both. I managed to enter my password and get into the desktop but the keyboard just stopped working and I cannot do a thing.

When you said your other keyboards don't work, you mean your system right? If yes, check for a BIOS and chipset update for your computer and run those. If the USB ports still don't work, go to Device Manager and remove all the USB devices there, reboot. Windows should detect things again. If things don't work after that, your motherboard is likely bad.

Nicky27

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014

Updated my bios to the latest make. And I cannot get into device manager because I cannot get to the desktop, as soon I get into the logon screen my keyboard and mouse refuse to work. Even though they work fine in the bios my phone works in the USB ports and charges, and my keyboard and mouse light up and I can mess with the lighting modes of my keyboard but it just won't type and my mouse won't move. I think it has something to do with windows most likely needs a reinstall I assume which means I lose everything...

You'll have to re-install your programs with a new Windows build, but you won't lose anything else if you back things up. Try booting in safe mode and removing the USB and also the keyboard and mouse drivers from the system and rebooting before you wipe the system clean. If you can't use the keyboard and mouse in Safe Mode, you can create a Linux Boot Live disk and boot off that, if it's not a hardware issue, your keyboard and mouse will work in that system and you can use he Linux OS to copy your Windows user files to an external drive. If you copy your full pofile directory that will be safe, but at minimum you want your My Documents, Desktop and Favorites files. Also the iTunes folder if you use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.