keyboard working strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepukps

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
I have windows 10 , Ubuntu and arch installed on my laptop . I have encountered a strange problem with my laptop keyboard in all three OS . Whenever I type a or s on my keyboard 'as' gets typed and there are other pairs of alphabets that have the same problem. Moreover a few keys like ctrl and esc are doing the work of function keys and vice versa .Please help .
Update - All the keys affected belong to the extreme left of the laptop , so that might indicate a hardware problem but one thing I have noticed is that tab , esc and caps lock affect f6 , f7 and f8 and f6 , f7 and f8 affect tab , esc and caps respectively , which is kind of strange . Moreover , pressing any affected key is equivalent to pressing two keys .

Solution
It sounds like it is the keyboard, but you could try uninstalling the driver first, reboot and then let the system install new drivers when it restarts. See if this resolves the problem.

Also, have you checked to make sure it isn't a "numlock" issue?
It sounds like it is the keyboard, but you could try uninstalling the driver first, reboot and then let the system install new drivers when it restarts. See if this resolves the problem.

Also, have you checked to make sure it isn't a "numlock" issue?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS