Keyboards and Monitors Don't work with my computer

PcSeric

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
The other day I came home and turned my computer on, it booted up, but the Monitor stays on no signal, AND no keyboards work (light up) with my computer. The mouse works so it is not the USB power. I've tried multiple keyboards and monitors and DVI cords. A possible cause of the problem might be due to the fact that I have been turn my computer off through the extension cord button instead of the computer shut down button. I've tried the 30 second button hold and moving my ram to a different slot. Checked all the cords. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Last thing I would try is unbolting the motherboard and set it on the motherboard box with everything still attached. This will test if the motherboard is grounding on the case. reset the bios so we get a good test. The try the RAM remove again while on the box. Unplug all drivers and try to just get into bios. If this doesn't work either all your RAM, the motherboard, or CPU has died. My guess is the motherboard.
Does your monitor show the bios on boot? If so you may just have a very corrupt OS install. You really need to do windows shutdown. Just unpluging can corrupt every file loaded into memory.

To do a bios reset find the battery on your motherboard and remove it for 5 minutes. here is an image but the battery can be anywhere on the motherboard but they are always round. Just pull it out for 5 minutes, put back the same way, plug up your PC, and start your PC.

Hp6Cz.png

PcSeric

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
@elbert no it doesn't show the bios on boot. Also the computer is 2 years old and the night before I realized it was broken I had turned it off by the power cord switch

Last thing I would try is unbolting the motherboard and set it on the motherboard box with everything still attached. This will test if the motherboard is grounding on the case. reset the bios so we get a good test. The try the RAM remove again while on the box. Unplug all drivers and try to just get into bios. If this doesn't work either all your RAM, the motherboard, or CPU has died. My guess is the motherboard.

Solution