Question keyboards from the big companies are junk?

saarxee

Distinguished
May 4, 2013
I want to buy quality keyboard..

many peoples recommend me to buy custom keyboard with hotswap function and aluminum case..

this is a lot better than keyboard from Logitech / corsair ?

I dont know If I like 60% keyboard or full keyboard... I have full right now..

D

Deleted member 14196

Corsair makes some descent kb. Typically I don’t care for Logitech anything.

The nicest kb imo is the Code keyboard

D

Deleted member 14196

Not custom just regular keyboards aluminum case is nice but not required. Why would you want a custom keyboard? What’s wrong with the keyboards that you can buy?

Rosewill makes a fantastic aluminum case rgb lit gaming mechanical kb. 60$

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Corsair makes some descent kb. Typically I don’t care for Logitech anything.

The nicest kb imo is the Code keyboard

Considering Logitech been making keyboards for 17 years, they should know what they doing by now. They always had good hardware, for a long time their drivers let them down but those days are over. Now if we talking big companies that can't make Keyboards, just look at Razer, they where logitech was 15 years ago, hardware okay but software is a hazard to your PC.

I wouldn't buy a custom keyboard unless it comes with a good warranty. At least big companies normally have reasonable support.

Qyndryx

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Big brands can still make decent keyboards but having to cater to a much larger consumer base usually means they have to make a few compromises in terms of quality.

Logitech, Corsair and Razer still somewhat make nice keyboards but you would be much better off getting a keyboard from Filco or Ducky. They are built to do exactly what they are for and will last you a really long time. Don't get one of the fancier mechanical keyboards used by the people at places like r/mechanicalkeyboards as you will end up spending more money than you need and want to.

saarxee

Distinguished
May 4, 2013
I dont know...
where I can buy ducky keyboard? it was very expensive the new ducky 7 plus the shipping cost to my country..

custom keyboards have functions like hotswappable switches and aluminum case..
it was important?

I think about G613 because I have wireless mouse but the romer g...

You already have a post on this here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/which-keyboard-to-buy.3449910/

If you want a Ducky keyboard, it depends on what you can buy it from, we don't know what is available where you are.

You don't need to keep asking the same thing over and over, it won't help you decide if you are still not sure. Pick a budget, then see what is available in your area. It's very simple to pick, if you can spend about $120+ on a keyboard and don't care much about lights or extra keys, then the higher end keyboard models from Leopold, Filco, Ducky, Das are good. If you have less, then the more mainstream makers like Corsair, Logitech, HyperX, Cooler Master are also good. For what model exactly you will need to decide based on what you like and what you can get at a decent price for you.