keys not working, tried multiple keyboards

cmfhegs

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I am currently running Windows 10 on a desktop, but this problem started several months ago under windows 8.1. Windows 10 was installed, like most others here, as an update from MS.

I have an issue where neither shift+d and shift+f do not work, regardless of which shift key is being pressed. I have tried multiple keyboards: (2) logitech k800's, (2) HP wireless Elite v1, and (2) usb keyboards. I have removed all the drivers and reset the computer two different times. I have removed the logitech software and reinstalled. sticky keys are not turned on. to my knowledge there is no over-arching software/system key combination present either. I looked for that too and couldn't find software that shows EVERY shortcut/modifier combination on a system. When I boot into safe mode, the combination DOES work. so I am assuming it is somehow software related.

I'm at a loss; scoured The Google and haven't found a similar issue/post.
suggestions?

thanks!

cmfhegs

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009

i should clarify, apologies. 'd' works fine. caps lock begets 'D' as well. the combination of shift+d should = D, but i get nothing instead - as though I hadn't pressed anything at all.

cmfhegs

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009

Shift is the modifier key for capitalization. that is the issue I am having. this is an universal issue across my PC

cmfhegs

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009

there's no place in my UEFI to test out that combination as UEFI (at least mine) is selection based and not typing. it works in safe mode, but not during normal Windows. Strangest Windows problem that I have incurred.