[SOLVED] Keys on wireless keyboard quit working

Jul 25, 2020
A few keys on my Mac keyboard quit working so now I can’t type my master password to get into my computer, can I use a usb keyboard to bypass the wireless keyboard to login?

Solution
Makes no difference what type of keyboard you use, the password will still be required.
I found a solution to my problem. By pressing option/command/ and F5 a keyboard will appear on the screen that you can use to type your master password to login . Keys q w e r t and y quit working on my wireless keyboard so I couldn't type my full master password. Its a good Idea to always have an extra keyboard if one fails.
Jul 25, 2020
Makes no difference what type of keyboard you use, the password will still be required.
I found a solution to my problem. By pressing option/command/ and F5 a keyboard will appear on the screen that you can use to type your master password to login . Keys q w e r t and y quit working on my wireless keyboard so I couldn't type my full master password. Its a good Idea to always have an extra keyboard if one fails.

Solution

Yes, I agree it's a good idea to have a spare keyboard --- problem is just how many devices should you keep a spare one of because they can all fail at some point -- lol.