Question Keys that don't work so good on my keyboard.

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hello,

I have Razer Cyanosa Lite keyboard that have been using for 2 years but not often.
Some keys like left CTRL give me hard time when I push their edges and they respond with resistance.

Video: https://streamable.com/tk3t5b

I was told to clean keyboard and so far saw 3 methods. Entire keyboard cleaning in shower with soap without disassembly:

Cleaning disassembled top part of keyboard with keys with brush, soap and water and cleaning keyboard's silicone:

And pulling off all keyboard keys, cleaning them, cleaning keyboard's top and silicone without rinsing in shower:

Last method is the longest but not the best because someone commented that even with delicate approach, keyboard keys broke apart.

What would you recommend?

Lutfij

Titan
I had a similar issue with my Logitech G105 MW Edition keyboard. The solution was to clean the entire keyboard with q-tips and rubbing alcohol while the keycaps were soaked in soapy water for an hour. Sadly the issue kept coming back since the housing where the keys popped into were worn out. As for your issue, the fact that Razer's are lackluster in the quality department is evident when you want to disassemble them.

This is a thread that does explain what the keycaps drop into;

and you need to be careful removing the keycaps using two very small flat head screw drivers and a lot of patience. Remove the keycaps first, then use the q-tips in the inside of the base/housing. Your keyboard is a membrane keyboard. As for that final video, the fact that the person was removing the keycaps at an angle is what made it worse...you pull the keycaps off vertically, not twisting the keyboard at an arc as you pull the keycap using a flimsy keycap puller.

Reactions: Boris_yo

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
and you need to be careful removing the keycaps using two very small flat head screw drivers and a lot of patience. Remove the keycaps first, then use the q-tips in the inside of the base/housing. Your keyboard is a membrane keyboard.

Maybe I should order one of these? Can they ease the job? I can wait...

keyboard-puller-image.jpg

As for that final video, the fact that the person was removing the keycaps at an angle is what made it worse...you pull the keycaps off vertically, not twisting the keyboard at an arc as you pull the keycap using a flimsy keycap puller.

Even though he succeeded without causing any damage?