KFA2/Galax GeForce GTX 1080 Ti EXOC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1353997

You can tell just by looking at the pictures.

Blowers have exactly 1 fan.
Blower fan blades are oriented such that the air will flow sideways.
Blowers have a casing that's designed to lead the air to the back of the card (out of the PC).

Not only does this card have 2 fans, the fan blade orientation clearly shows that the air will flow towards the card, and the casing is obviously open, which means the air isn't led anywhere.

So, no, it's not a blower design.

Magnus Thunderson,
I don't agree. I think 3xDP makes more sense. DisplayPort is becoming the standard for monitors, and people buying expensive GPU's may want a TRIPLE MONITOR setup with an HDMI left over for a BluRay playerThere are also OTHER configurations of cards for people who have different needs.

2ndLastjedi

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I just got one of these GPU's, it sits at 2038 with a +136 on core @70c and can do +500 on memory but im concerned about the memory temps. Do you think the cooler solution is going to keep the memory at a safe temp with this OC?

SirFlamenco

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
Vrm temps are rarely a problem, if they correctly cooled. But there is not much point in overclocking the memory, especially in gaming, so you should probably concentrate on the vcore. Unfortunatly some models doesn't come with sensor in that area, take for exemple the EVGA issue in 2016 and how they couldn't know the memory wasn't sufficiently cooled before a reviewer actually checked it with pro equipment. THOUGH you could check if there is any because I don't know for each models.

2ndLastjedi

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
As far as i know there aren't any on this card but after reading this review do you or even the reviewer have more of a opinion on the cooling at my clocks?

SirFlamenco

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
From the review : "Furthermore, the cooling surface is large enough that it touches the furthest-out load-balancing VRMs as well." As I said it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.