kg7 review first iv'e seen

mark_h

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
just found the first review of the abit kg7 raid mobo
www.hardocp.com
looks very promsising which is good cos i had one on order for a while now!!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mark_h on 07/17/01 04:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Good review. I should mention though, that the problem they talk about with the NIC was resolved. They switched out a Netgear FA311 with an FA312. Both cards seem to have the same problem with the AMD 761 chipset. Don't know if there's a fix for it or not. But hey, if you're gonna buy a $200 motherboard, why not buy a different $20 NIC?

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Right on....Abit really dropped the ball there for a while,
but I'm really glad to see they're making a fresh attempt at DDR.

I haven't built a new machine since my last Kt7a and I wasn't planing on building any more Abits because I was gonna wait to see if Nforce could come up with something good. This could change my mind if it's stable.

WOW:
Slew rate, bypass values, driving slew rate rise, driving slew rate fall, data strength strobes, datastrobe slewrate rise, datastrobe slewrate fall, rise edge slewrate, fall edge slewreate….and on and on…LOL...OMG...It looks like I've got some more setup tweaks to learn too. I wonder if
Abit has gone too far. Is this too much??

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, the reviewer said there were plenty of things he didn't know about in the BIOS.

I see they fixed the link to that picture, it was down when I saw it. I'll have to take another look.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: