Kia UVO: Mainstream Infotainment In The 2012 Soul

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Infotainment systems are in the infant stages, I will wait a few years!

The other option is to make one yourself, seen some nice iPad mods going around :)

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Really? REALLY?
Did I miss them mentioning in th article where USB MP3 albums don't play in the correct order after shutting the car off, because the UVO ALWAYS defaults back to sorting alphabetically? Also the random feature isn't remembered after a power cycle either.

Searching on youtube for "Kia UVO system mp3 issues" will show decent demonstration of the issue.
KIA - THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!

I passed that onto Kia. Will let you know when I get a response.

Cars without MS can be easily hacked.

Infant stages were 10-years ago for the aftermarket. They are now ready for the mass market, but unlike tablets they won't evolve as fast due to the vehicle development cycle.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
it's a car...just drive people...what happened to just having a Bluetooth cd player?...that's what i have and i love it....i see so many people being distracted while driving...last time someone hit me was because SHE was looking at her cell phone...if i was a cop i would cite everyone that glanced at their cell while driving

G

there is one major issue with the UVO. when you're playing your music from a smart phone via Bluetooth. you have no ability to switch playlists, have shuffling of your songs. you have to access your phone or IPOD in order to change playlists and you cannot shuffle your songs. even after you select shuffle, it automatcally turns that off once you skip to another song.

Status
Not open for further replies.