Kickstarter Project Delivers The Ultimate iPad Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]LaHawzel[/nom]It's a fucking stand. How have we not perfected this technology yet? And why is it considered worth $70?[/citation]
Why is Microsoft Office worth $200 for it's Home and Student package? Why not make it cheap as $10 because it's software?

[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.[/citation]
You have people who are purchasing omega symbol shaped headphone stands for $150 made of wood, and you think everything from Apple is overpriced and garbage?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
$90 for a stand? You've got to be kidding me.
Oh wait, I stand corrected, it is an iStand. That costs extra of course due to the stupidity tax added.

Don't get me wrong, this is not simple Apple hatred.
I manage a few websites that have lots of media content. Mostly videos.
Guess who are the only visitors with issues when it comes to playing the videos?
iPhone and iPad users. And I am not talking FLV but MP4 and MOV format !!!

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.[/citation]
Yeah but it is missing the iPad :)

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]Why is Microsoft Office worth $200 for it's Home and Student package? Why not make it cheap as $10 because it's software?You have people who are purchasing omega symbol shaped headphone stands for $150 made of wood, and you think everything from Apple is overpriced and garbage?[/citation]

You sir just won the stupidest comment on Toms award. I think you should try out for the World championships too.

G

First, I scoffed at the idea of a silly ipad stand being a kickstarter project AND being posted on Tom's Hardware.

Next, I watched the video and thought: hey that's a pretty decent stand!

Then, I looked at the price: $70 pre-order price. $5-$10 is about the right price to pay. $20 would be a bit steep. $70 though? That's insanity!

Finally, I read the comments and was reminded that is is an accessory for an iProduct. Getting reamed is part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS