Kill all bots/Kill all players/End Round in CS:S

CJM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other things),
which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!

Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

Cheers

--
cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk
[remove the obvious bits]

*cjm* wrote on 23.05.05 13:58:
> In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
> menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other things),
> which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
> when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!

Could you post that script? I want it too!

> Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

Sorry, dont know. :)

> Cheers
ru, BM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, "cjm"
<cjmnews04@removeme.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
>menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other things),
>which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
>when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
>
>Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?
>
>Cheers

bot_kill will kill all bots, starting a new round if 1 or less humans
are still alive.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

* Burkhard Müller wrote:
> *cjm* wrote on 23.05.05 13:58:
>> In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very
>> used menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst
>> other things), which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the
>> bots play on there own when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
>
> Could you post that script? I want it too!
>> Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

PODbot wasnt' a script, it was a built in menu IIRC. I think the menu
was bound to '=' by default.

In CS:S, just bind a key to bot_kill. eg, add this to your
userconfig.cfg:

bind f8 bot_kill

--
PiG$$
e : gamepig@piggo.com

CJM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002

Dr Ratt/Pig$$,

Thanks, I'll try that....

Ironically, my exchange has finally be enabled for ADSL and now I can
connected the internet games with a Ping of less than 400 for the first
time!! Tried it for the first time last night - averaged < 50Ms.

Cheers

Chris

CJM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002

"Burkhard Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
> *cjm* wrote on 23.05.05 13:58:
>> In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very
>> used
>> menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other
>> things),
>> which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on there own
>> when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
>
> Could you post that script? I want it too!
>
>> Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?
>
> Sorry, dont know. :)
>
>> Cheers
> ru, BM

There are various bots for CS. PODBot (find via google) was not necessarily
the best but it was the most user-friendly - much recommended!

Chris

*dr ratt* wrote:

> bot_kill will kill all bots, starting a new round if 1 or less humans
> are still alive.

Thanx. That's what i was looking for.
ru, BM

"cjm" <cjmnews04@removeme.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> In CS1.5/1.6 I used PODBot (mainly) to provide my bots. It had a very used
> menu system, that allowed you to restart/end a round (amongst other
> things), which was ideal to avoid wasting time watching the bots play on
> there own when you get wasted in the first 30 secs!
>
> Is there a script for CS:S that does something similar?

There certainly is for CZ (which uses the same bot commands), but it's
easier just to use the console commands. They're no brainers, like
"bot_kill" - and as you start typing "bot" into the console, it shows you a
short list of commands it thinks you might be about to type, so you don't
have to remember them verbatim.

Google for "source bot control menu" if you really want a GUI.

Charles

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
- Psalm 18:28

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,uk.games.computer.counterstrike (More info?)

Is there a script or command in source that will let an admin slay an entire
team at once? At tacticalgamer, we expect teams to complete their objective
or die trying. When a bomb goes off / gets defused we sometimes find more
than one player out of position, and as quick as I am with a slaymenu, there
just isn't enough time to get them all.

Cheers

Root
www.tacticalgamer.com
CSS Gamer Officer
CSS server 1 67.19.132.154:27015

On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:55:29 +0100, "Root" <null@null.com> wrote:

>Is there a script or command in source that will let an admin slay an entire
>team at once? At tacticalgamer, we expect teams to complete their objective
>or die trying. When a bomb goes off / gets defused we sometimes find more
>than one player out of position, and as quick as I am with a slaymenu, there
>just isn't enough time to get them all.

kill t/ct, kill all t/ct perhaps.