[SOLVED] Killer network internet issues

Arios

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
So i recently purchased a MSI Z270 GAMING M6 AC motherboard and while the motherboard works great I have been having issues with the internet quickly dropping and reconnecting. I have looked around and seen that the issue is with the Killer network drivers, I have the Killer E2500. I have tried doing a clean install by following the steps on Killer's website and done a manual install, but none of them have fixed the problem. I also tried uninstalling the Killer drivers and leaving the stock one Windows gives you, but still the same problem. I have never installed the Killer software, only the drivers because I hear the the software gives even more issues. Should I just return the motherboard and save up for the new generation or is there a way to fix this?

Solution
It will be cheaper and simpler to just put a intel pcie card in the machine if you really can't get it to work.

I will never buy a motherboard again with killer chipset. It is the very first thing I check when I consider a board. They from time to time get stable drivers and then it seems microsoft pushes a patch and breaks it on them. They mess it up by themselves often enough. The microsoft drivers seem to cause more issues that the killer ones. This seems to be a moving target because they have fixed it in the past even with the silly network accelerator software running.

They change their site all the time but they should have a section that has just the driver with no killer features. The killer feature is both the...
It will be cheaper and simpler to just put a intel pcie card in the machine if you really can't get it to work.

I will never buy a motherboard again with killer chipset. It is the very first thing I check when I consider a board. They from time to time get stable drivers and then it seems microsoft pushes a patch and breaks it on them. They mess it up by themselves often enough. The microsoft drivers seem to cause more issues that the killer ones. This seems to be a moving target because they have fixed it in the past even with the silly network accelerator software running.

They change their site all the time but they should have a section that has just the driver with no killer features. The killer feature is both the add in programs as well as special hooks in the driver itself. You have to get rid of both. They used to have a screen where you could get just the driver and it did not have the support for the killer functions. Even though I have seen people say you can use realtek drivers I never tried this.

Solution

Arios

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
That does seem like a very good option, the intel network adapter cards go for around $30 but I was thinking to save up for new parts since that was my plan anyway. If I returned it I would only need to buy one more part. And as for the drivers, I can't seem to find it without the killer features. I have through their downloads page.