Killer Network Manager Issues- Windows 10

Gavm_8

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
So I have an Alienware m17x, and it previously had Windows 7 on it. I recently took Windows up on their offer to do the free upgrade to Windows 10. This caused me some issues immediately with my sound, but after installing the updated drivers for my SoundBlaster everything was corrected. However, now I am noticing a new problem.

I enjoy playing League of Legends (LoL) and watching streamers on twitch. Ever since my update I have noticed that at least once a game (usually twice or three times) I will temporarily lose my connection to LoL and be completely unable to play the game for around a minute. Now I know this is not an internet issue because I talk to my friends on Skype while we play and I can hear them continue talking while I am disconnected like that. I would be tempted to think this is just an issue with my LoL client, but I have also noticed that during streams it will randomly freeze every 30ish minutes with the loading circle on the screen (but the chat keeps going, again weird and makes me think it is not my internet) and I have to refresh the web page or it never loads.

After searching a bit for the answers to this problem, I figured that it could possibly be the Killer Network Manager that automatically came downloaded on my laptop. I assume that I need to update the driver on that. I found it easily enough, but whenever I try to install it, it says that I need to uninstall my current Killer Network Manager first. This is where I have the issues. Every single time I try to uninstall Killer Network Manager (I even tried using the IOBit Uninstaller) it gets about halfway through and then my computer just shuts down. It gives me that annoying ":(" on a blue screen and tells me that my computer encountered errors and they need to collect data and restart.

Obviously, I'm frustrated, as I feel that KNM is the issue with my computer at the moment but have absolutely no way to correct it. Does anyone have a possible solution for me? Or perhaps something that points to it being a different issue I actually am able to correct??

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First do run Windows Update and install all the updates available then test if the same problem will persist or not.
- If same problem will persist do uninstall/reinstall the Wifi Adapter of the laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Qualcomm killer Wireless driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01788418M/2/Network_Driver_TYP26_WN_1.0.35.1065_A00.EXE
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed then test it again after the reboot.