Killer wireless network N 1103 problem

mydog2409

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Hello,

Before reinstall Windows on my Alienware m17x r4, my wireless connection was working normally without any issue. However, after a fresh install, the wireless adapter is now having a lot of problems: from random disconnect to high ping spike when online gaming.

I have installed the suite application from here:
http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads

But I am not sure if this is even the right driver for my wireless card or not. .I have read other forum and they said driver from Dell seems to be not good, but I have not try yet. Can someone help me on this issue?

And there is no problem when I use wired network so I assume this problem relate to driver.

The ID of the card (from Qualcomm Atheros)

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030&SUBSYS_20011A56&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030&SUBSYS_20011A56
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030&CC_0280

This is what I have done:
- Turn off power management on wireless card
- Disable "Killer bandwidth control"

mydog2409

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

I truly do not know, just install the driver package from Dell. But the problem does not seem to be resolved

What was the original reason to reinstall Windows?

Philipp Eck

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
Having the same Problem, since I reinstalled Win 7 pro 64 last night.

I also installed the recommended Drivers from dell.de, but having the Problem that wlan disconnects after some time or after starting any download.
have to start the win7 resolving assistant, he resets everything and wlan works again... but again not for a Long time or a lot of donwloads... cant even download other Drivers, it stops after only 20 MB.

anybody any idea how to solve this issue?

btw: having 2 harddrives with win7 on each, the old one still works fine!!! so it has to be a Driver issue...