Question kinda curious about dual wide screens

Jan 25, 2022
I've a build with one 3070 and 2x 34 inch ultra wide MSI OPTIX MAG342CQRV's. One is that enough gpu for the monitors and , 2 what desk should i get / complement a singular curve from both monitors angled against each other cost isnt much an of option but like 300 for a desk 200-300 for a chair. i really dont want the hydraulics to fail D:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For general use, you could run both of those monitors easily with a gpu half as powerful, 2D takes very little power to put up a frame at Windows default frequency. It's 3D where ppl run into power issues, namely gaming and 3D modeling etc. Your 3070 can handle the resolution no worries, games (unless forced by settings) will use just the Primary monitor, so your 3070 is good there too. 3440x1440 isn't all that much more difficult than the standard 1440p (2560x1440).

Unless you aim on playing a gpu extreme intensive game like cyberpunk 2077 with uber max ultra settings and full Ray Tracing enabled, and expecting fabulous fps, I don't see an issue.

Can't help with the desk, there's millions of different designs, and there's no way to gage your setup in your room, and space available etc.

Personally, I'd opt for a good quality office chair. 'Gaming' chairs don't do so well after several hours, they are all form, little function.

Jan 25, 2022
thnk god -,- i was really hoping the 3070 could run both 4k monitors like at most gaming on one on skyrim or like dying light or watch a movie its totally a over killer build but, i also want the future proofing. are u sure like if i load up a 4k movie on 1 screen and play a 4k resolution game that my gpu and cpu wont like..die or get hurt? cus thats the extent id probably do like background youtube then 1 game maybe 1 mmorpg in the background with 1 youtube video and 1 screen dedicated to a single player game like ark

Jan 25, 2022
ill go to home depot and get a 8 foot long buter block and make them cut legs out of lumber so i can lag bolt it together xDD what desk could i use to fit these
monitor legs ppl

Jan 25, 2022
if the math is correct each monitor is 34 inches long ( uncurved linear) but 31 invches from edge to edge thus a 60 inch desk can accommodate the 40 inch from dead center of 5 feet 20 inches across to 40 max for the leg stands to make the curve

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
34" is taken on the diagonal for Tv's and monitors, not physical width, might happen to be close though.

Those monitors come back as 1440p ultrawide models, not 4k (3440x1440 is 21:9). 4k is 3840x2160 (16:9). 4k ultrawide would be 5040x2160 (21:9) and be a little rough for fast fps games. Fine for skyrim though.