Question Kinda high temps on CPU

dincha

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
I have an old blueberry case no additional fans in it.
Just today i built Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler) with MSI B450 Gaming plus max. Install windows on new SSD and all good stuff. Im monitoring with Ryzen Master and
idle temps (chrome closed, almost everthing closed from the background) are °37-40 with case panel open cus its around °40-45 with case closed, wich i read is all right.
I put GTA V to download with Epic Games Launcher and played yt video in the back and its °55-58 sometimes it goes to °60+ is this normal or should i be worried.
I haven't rly try gaming for like 30+ min or smth but i will. I dont have latest bios update as well i have H5 but latest is H6 and i dont rly know how to update it so i dont think its best to do. PSU is i thing good but its not modular wich made a mess inside the case. Should i upgrade the case or should i just go and buy atleast two more fans ( cus i think there is room for them). CPU cooler is tighten enough i mean i was holding the whole mobo with cooler while installing it in the case.

RealBeast

Titan
I have an old blueberry case no additional fans in it.
Just today i built Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler) with MSI B450 Gaming plus max. Install windows on new SSD and all good stuff. Im monitoring with Ryzen Master and
idle temps (chrome closed, almost everthing closed from the background) are °37-40 with case panel open cus its around °40-45 with case closed, wich i read is all right.
I put GTA V to download with Epic Games Launcher and played yt video in the back and its °55-58 sometimes it goes to °60+ is this normal or should i be worried.
I haven't rly try gaming for like 30+ min or smth but i will. I dont have latest bios update as well i have H5 but latest is H6 and i dont rly know how to update it so i dont think its best to do. PSU is i thing good but its not modular wich made a mess inside the case. Should i upgrade the case or should i just go and buy atleast two more fans ( cus i think there is room for them). CPU cooler is tighten enough i mean i was holding the whole mobo with cooler while installing it in the case.
Your temperatures are fine. It is best to keep it below 80C, and even better if under stress it is only in the 70C range, so you are well below that.

Reactions: dincha

dincha

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
Your temperatures are fine. It is best to keep it below 80C, and even better if under stress it is only in the 70C range, so you are well below that.
Well i haven't try gaming, but my friend tried Far Cry Primal or PUBG lite can't remember and i saw max temp around 88 °C but in HWmonitor.

RealBeast

Titan
Hmm welp i dont rly know how to do that. Is there any tutorial i can follow, how much time should i stress it and what should i expect?
Download CoreTemp and install it. Then download Prime 95 v 26.6 (that link will auto download the version) install and then run the stress test while you keep the CoreTemp window open to watch the real time temperatures. It will get the temp up very quickly so you do not need a long stress period for this purpose, I will usually stress test machines that are going to be running hard 24/7 for 3 or 4 hours, but for testing a gaming build you will know in 20 or 30 minutes if you have a temperature issue.

dincha

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
Download CoreTemp and install it. Then download Prime 95 v 26.6 (that link will auto download the version) install and then run the stress test while you keep the CoreTemp window open to watch the real time temperatures. It will get the temp up very quickly so you do not need a long stress period for this purpose, I will usually stress test machines that are going to be running hard 24/7 for 3 or 4 hours, but for testing a gaming build you will know in 20 or 30 minutes if you have a temperature issue.
Welp i run it for around 4-6 minuts and i got a little worried cus it got to 87 °C all cores.

dincha

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
That is hot! shall not be above 75/80 continiously and for long times.
can you increase cpu fan curve inside motherboard bios?
Welp i think its something wrong with cooler i didnt physically break it , im 100% sure. But just like 15mins ago i stared hearing some squeaky sound like chirping cricket. Should i call the shop that i bought CPU from and ask them for a new one?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That case (by manufacturer standards) has space for a single 80mm on the side by the gpu, and a single 80mm/120mm rear exhaust.

Sorry, but that's pathetic for airflow, how they can claim excellent cooling in their advert is beyond me.

You need airflow. Doesn't matter how it's accomplished, whether you strip out the useless hdd cages, or even mount fans inside them to pull air in from those front side vents, you'll need at least 2x 120mm intakes. The gpu is turning your case into a convection oven, and you will see higher than normal temps as a result, they'll only continue to climb until the case reaches saturation point. A new and better airflow case will be easier, but more expensive.

If you run Coretemp, Prime95 large file, and run a gpu stress test for an hour, it'll simulate the worst case gaming you could possibly do. And you'll get to sit and watch the temps go up. And up.

Airflow is the counter to that, put cool air in, pushes hot air out.

The stock cpu coolers are workable. Not the best, but will do. If you want better, it'll cost you.

But I'd sort out airflow matters before purchasing another cooler, if you end up buying a new case there's no guarantee the new cooler will fit, or you may just want to go overboard.

dincha

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
That case (by manufacturer standards) has space for a single 80mm on the side by the gpu, and a single 80mm/120mm rear exhaust.

Sorry, but that's pathetic for airflow, how they can claim excellent cooling in their advert is beyond me.

You need airflow. Doesn't matter how it's accomplished, whether you strip out the useless hdd cages, or even mount fans inside them to pull air in from those front side vents, you'll need at least 2x 120mm intakes. The gpu is turning your case into a convection oven, and you will see higher than normal temps as a result, they'll only continue to climb until the case reaches saturation point. A new and better airflow case will be easier, but more expensive.

If you run Coretemp, Prime95 large file, and run a gpu stress test for an hour, it'll simulate the worst case gaming you could possibly do. And you'll get to sit and watch the temps go up. And up.

Airflow is the counter to that, put cool air in, pushes hot air out.

The stock cpu coolers are workable. Not the best, but will do. If you want better, it'll cost you.

But I'd sort out airflow matters before purchasing another cooler, if you end up buying a new case there's no guarantee the new cooler will fit, or you may just want to go overboard.
Understanadable sir. But the GPU is running at 25-30 °C while CPU under low usage goes 50-60+ °C.
It seems i did managed to mount the CPU cooler kinda bad cus all the screws have low resistance when i try to turn them around.Thats prolly why i hear thouse squeaky noises. Because i am definlity bad and doing this stuff i will prolly go to a local store buy a new case and tell them to rebuild the pc from the scratch including mounting cpu cooler and reapplying thermal paste.