[SOLVED] kinda low frames on high end pc

sultanmohammed1938

Commendable
May 14, 2018
hi i have a question about the frames i get on some games that are considered low for the specs that i have
my specs are :
GPU : 2080ti
CPU : i9 9900k
Ram : 16 gb 2666 Mhz
and mother is Z type forgot full name
PSU : 650 volts White
and my temps between 78 to 80 in games thats for CPU
i tried horizon zero dawn and dirt rally 2.0 on 1080p resolution ultra settings and i get 60 to 70 fps while when i saw youtubers they get 80 fps on 2k anyone knows whats the problem or how to find the problem

Solution
yeah its really bothering me to be honest i also checked the cpu is working at 4.7 ghz
The Corsair PSU will not let you down and in the future you can upgrade and it will handle whatever you throw at it. You can upgarde to a 4080Ti in the future and have no issues. Good choice and great warranty I believe it is 5 years or something like that.

sultanmohammed1938

Commendable
May 14, 2018
What psu is that?

Not that I think its the issue with performance but 650 volts white? Assuming that's a white rated 80 plus its guaranteed thats its a poor poor choice considering you have close to $2000 worth of components
its cooler master but if 650 is sufficient then i dont think thats whats causing the low frames

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
its cooler master but if 650 is sufficient then i dont think thats whats causing the low frames
You can buy a quality PSU 550watts and things will be fine because the ampage on the 12v rail is quality and not low like cheap PSU's. If you wan't a cheap PSU to work with your rig you need a 750watt lets say, where as a 550watt with good ampage on the 12v rail would work like a charm.

I don't either but its still a concern.

How and when are youbreading gaming temps?

I cant speak for horizon but dirt rally 2 uses less than 20% of my ryzen 7 (same core/thread count as your intel cpu)

You shouldnt be anythere close to 80c while running that game, what cooler are you using? What is your case and airflow setup?

This has to be a cpu based problem because at 1080p a 2080ti should push 120fps constantly.

Aug 8, 2020
What are your settings, have you updated the latest drivers as this is a new release, It is hard to say unless you are using the exact setting that they are using. Also what are your frequencies on the CPU, and also GPU. There is always the silicone lottery and the law of averages....... The PSU thing can effect the ripple and other things depending on how many rails. It is good to calculate your wattage or you can even get a smart plug of Amazon to get a reading and double it. Maximum PSU efficiency is in the 55-65% range but changes based on model. Also make sure that it has all the protections possible. Why not spend $200 on a good power supply when you will spend $2000 on GPU & CPU. I have had a cheap power supply ruin a nice system and it sucks.

sultanmohammed1938

Commendable
May 14, 2018

I cant speak for horizon but dirt rally 2 uses less than 20% of my ryzen 7 (same core/thread count as your intel cpu)

You shouldnt be anythere close to 80c while running that game, what cooler are you using? What is your case and airflow setup?

This has to be a cpu based problem because at 1080p a 2080ti should push 120fps constantly.

i have a water cooler for the cpu and this temp i get it on cod and death stranding the case is also cooler master but also forgot the name i will search for it and tell you but i just tested dirt rally 2.0 the temps are between 50 and 60 but only games like death stranding and cod they get high temps

sultanmohammed1938

Commendable
May 14, 2018
What are your settings, have you updated the latest drivers as this is a new release, It is hard to say unless you are using the exact setting that they are using. Also what are your frequencies on the CPU, and also GPU. There is always the silicone lottery and the law of averages....... The PSU thing can effect the ripple and other things depending on how many rails. It is good to calculate your wattage or you can even get a smart plug of Amazon to get a reading and double it. Maximum PSU efficiency is in the 55-65% range but changes based on model. Also make sure that it has all the protections possible. Why not spend $200 on a good power supply when you will spend $2000 on GPU & CPU. I have had a cheap power supply ruin a nice system and it sucks.
i have the latest update also i used DDU for the last update
also is
corsair RM series rm 850 watt 80 plus gold certified fully modular good ?
and also i dont know what the rails are

sultanmohammed1938

Commendable
May 14, 2018
You can buy a quality PSU 550watts and things will be fine because the ampage on the 12v rail is quality and not low like cheap PSU's. If you wan't a cheap PSU to work with your rig you need a 750watt lets say, where as a 550watt with good ampage on the 12v rail would work like a charm.
i will upgrade the PSU but is corsair RM series rm 850 watt 80 plus gold certified fully modular good ?

i will upgrade the PSU but is corsair RM series rm 850 watt 80 plus gold certified fully modular good ?

Yes its absolutely excellent, the 650w model would be enough if its considerably cheaper.

Still doesn't explain the perfoemance though at all, your hardware combo should crush games at 1080p.

Im running inferior hardware at 1440p (ryzen 1700 and 5700xt) and getting more fps than you at a higher resolution.

sultanmohammed1938

Commendable
May 14, 2018
Yes its absolutely excellent, the 650w model would be enough if its considerably cheaper.

Still doesn't explain the perfoemance though at all, your hardware combo should crush games at 1080p.

Im running inferior hardware at 1440p (ryzen 1700 and 5700xt) and getting more fps than you at a higher resolution.
yeah its really bothering me to be honest i also checked the cpu is working at 4.7 ghz

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
The Corsair PSU will not let you down and in the future you can upgrade and it will handle whatever you throw at it. You can upgarde to a 4080Ti in the future and have no issues. Good choice and great warranty I believe it is 5 years or something like that.

Solution