Question Kindle Fire HD 10 keeps throwing up a water detected warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghrark2019

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
Hello,
My Kindle Fire HD keeps throwing the water detected in the charge port whenever I plug in my kindle to charge. I actually have 2 of these and they show the same problem on both tablets. It doesnt matter where I plug it in but I do use the same cable as my child took off with my other one and I can't find it. I don't understand how there could be water in the charging port if it wasn't near water to begin with. I have already followe Amazon's troubleshooting steps. I have tried to blow out the port with my lung power. I havent tried a compressed air can yet but I will. What I'm trying to figure out is what can I do to stop this problem from happening all the time.
I do let it sit for a day or 2 and like magic it charges again. But as soon as I unplug and replug it in, the sensor goes off. I'm at a wits end. Amazon has replaced this tablet once already. Please if anybody knows how to keep it from going off, I'm listening.
Update: I did try to use another cord and the same problem popped up. I have not tried the can of compressed air but I will as soon as I get out to my storage building.

Thanks,
Josh

Ralston18

Titan
Condensation perhaps.

I would stop using lung power to blow out the charging port. Breathe contains moisture.

Likewise, canned air cools as it expands and if you cool the charging port then air moisture may cause condensation.

Noted a number of online "fixes" and so forth and companies likewise claiming fixes. Would put no faith in any of those.

I found the following Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GBZEQSHZDCZNMVB8

Where is the Kindle normally kept? Do you move it from a cooler area to a warmer area for use?

Overall, I recommend that you pursue the matter via Amazon. The problem does seems to be well documented and maybe another new tablet (or two) might be forthcoming.

cp2

Jun 29, 2020
I have the same problem. The Amazon link isn't helpful as it just says to let it sit for days. Of course, I never had any moisture or even a humid environment to begin with. The Fire never had any moisture in it.

Amazon's problems with recharging ports has truly become legendary.

Jul 15, 2020
Wow, I'm surprised to see how many people have this issue with no quick workaround. I just had the same issue with (2) two! tablets I own for my kids. Both start doing the same thing without being anywhere near water. This has to be a bug. Amazon gets your heads out of your butt!! and come out with a quick fix this is ridiculous. This is the 4th tablet I bought from Amazon, the last 2 I had to toss because the micro USB stopped charging. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm shopping for a different tablet next time! :mad::mad:

Jun 10, 2020
Mine did this, however it turned out it was a particular charger (a switch one) that had been water damaged and not the tablet itself.

Lambda139

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
I had this issue on my daughters Fire tablet, with USB C charger. I couldn’t get rid of the liquid warning, which keeps appearing every time the charger is plugged in. I did however find that if you plug it in, wait until it powers up and the liquid warning appears, you can then hold down the power button, shut down the tablet and it will then charge as normal. Guess the charging port is only disabled when the tablet is actually on, obviously a software control rather than physically disabling the charging circuit. We’re able to charge the tablet now as long as it is kept powered down when plugged in. Hope this helps!

Sep 26, 2020
Hey my friends. I so appreciate this forum and this post. I was looking everywhere and came here and I saw others needed the same fix. So, I wanted to share this when I found the answer. I was able to fix it. Here’s my walkthrough where I accomplished the fix. Don’t send your Kindle back before trying this:
View: https://youtu.be/2u1DcgP7-Xc

I am so thankful for Tom’s Hardware!

Reactions: DMAN999

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
This happens even in smartphones a lot of times even when they experience no real facing with water. It could probably due to the moisture issues and instead of using a blower or a dryer to dry out the water, I think it is wise to visit a service center and get the issues resolved. They can turn to big issues later.

Reactions: AndrewJohn
Nov 16, 2020
This happens even in smartphones a lot of times even when they experience no real facing with water. It could probably due to the moisture issues and instead of using a blower or a dryer to dry out the water, I think it is wise to visit a service center and get the issues resolved. They can turn to big issues later.
I did what you suggested, but after I click ok I don't get a message saying the port is turned off.When I plug the line back in I keep getting the same error message before I can power it down.

Lambda139

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Try holding the power button down whilst the error message is showing. It will allow you to turn it off, then if you keep the power connected it will continue to charge whilst turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.