Kindle Fire Video Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyGodMom7

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
I am frustrated with Amazon because they have limited their downloads of purchased videos to their devices (kindle) and android/ios. I would like to be able to watch a video on my desktop or laptop without having to connect to the internet.

I can download the video to my kindle fire. I can watch it there if I tap on the icon for the video that appears in the video tab. HOWEVER, when I navigate to the video file in the Video folder through file explorer, I can't see the file by name. When I open the amazoninstantvideo folder I see a .nomedia file and the .mp4 file for the movie identified by another name. If I click on that file, it won't open with anything I have. That means that I can't use a program like Audials to create a copy I can use.

I have tried to create a copy using Audials on my computer (streaming from Amazon) but the output is too pixelated.

I have a couple more ideas to try. I can try to play the movie though my Fire stick and see if I can burn it to a dvd using , but the burner won't burn a lot of stuff due to copyright issues. I am not trying to violate copyright. I bought the video through Amazon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Solution
If you don't like Amazon products - don't buy Amazon, then. Streaming video is rarely made to be viewed online, yet made permanent. Ig you want copy of that movie - buy BD/DVD.

You can also thank your government for the copyright laws in place.
If you don't like Amazon products - don't buy Amazon, then. Streaming video is rarely made to be viewed online, yet made permanent. Ig you want copy of that movie - buy BD/DVD.

You can also thank your government for the copyright laws in place.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.