Kinect for Windows to Get Windows 8 Support Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
"Microsoft has had a multi-decade commitment to natural user interface (NUI)"

Oh yes, moving boldly Forward, into the future.

Exciting isn't it? Can't wait for the possibilities this tech will open up.

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]We have tablets and touch screens from the Star Trek universe. We now have the UI from "The Minority Report", what's next?[/citation]

Holodeck ftw

G

I will totally buy that, it's much more interesting and useful as a general interface than it is for game

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
It seems cool, but it's not terribly useful. It's very useful for selecting things, replacing a mouse for most of the stuff we use a mouse for today, but that's really about it. As a gaming tool it seems to have a novelty aspect to it, but not particularly favorable, and it isn't going to replace a keyboard for most of what we se a keyboard for. Again, cool, but not exceptionally useful.

chulak

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]I'm tempted to buy this just for the "Minority Report" abilities. $200 seems a bit steep however. (Price from Amazon website.)[/citation]

A good wireless mouse and keyboard costs over $100. Add to that a decent HD web cam and you're fast approaching, if not over $200. This minus the technology convergence that the Kinect gives you. I think $200 is a fair price. This is going to be killer in the HTPC space.

Status
Not open for further replies.